Hexen II - No keys working

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
I installed Hexen II (version 1.4.4 from Pickel), on a Pandora (512Mb) running latest SZ1.5.1. The game can be launched (using NanoGL shortcut) but almost no keys are working. Just 'Enter' so I can launch a Game, but no cursor key, not even Esc key, so I cannot even quit properly.

Does anyone have the same problem ?

Yes, I have the same problem. I complained about it a while ago, but not much came from it.

It seems to be related to the 3.2 Kernel, you can boot into the old 2.6 kernel and it will work fine there.

The same thing goes for ioquake2 and quake3. In those all you have to do is set both nubs to joystick before launch. Try it might work for Hexen II.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excelent ! Changing nub to joystick mode works !

For more convenience, I just put PND_pre_script.sh and PND_post_script.sh in the appdata/hexen2 folder, and it works (as described here).

Here are the content of the files :

PND_pre_script.sh

Code:
#!/bin/bash

cat /proc/pandora/nub0/mode > /tmp/hexen2_nub0mode_before

cat /proc/pandora/nub1/mode > /tmp/hexen2_nub1mode_before

echo "absolute" > /proc/pandora/nub0/mode

echo "absolute" > /proc/pandora/nub1/mode

PND_post_script.sh

Code:
#!/bin/bash

cat /tmp/hexen2_nub0mode_before > /proc/pandora/nub0/mode

cat /tmp/hexen2_nub1mode_before > /proc/pandora/nub1/mode

rm /tmp/hexen2_nub0mode_before /tmp/hexen2_nub1mode_before

Here the zip containing sh files, if anyone is interrested...hexen2nub.zip

Attachments

• hexen2nub.zip
    501 bytes · Views: 109
Good news! It's pretty usefull that everything in pandora can be configured via scripts. I use custom launchers for executing scripts that launch those problematic apps.

Is there a way to change the LCD Gamma setting in a script as well? Hexen2 is extremely dark and if I change the LCD Gamma to the new outdoors setting, the game is much easier to see.

You can take a look at the scripts that comes with the firmware here: /usr/pandora/scripts

To set a gamma profile from a script you can do this:

#! /bin/bash

gamma=$(grep "Very bright" /etc/pandora/conf/gamma.conf | awk -F\; '{print $3}')

echo $gamma > /sys/devices/omapdss/display0/gamma

You need to give root permissions when executing the script. Or you can pass your password when executing the script (suppose the script is named gamma.sh):

echo PASSWORD | sudo -S ./gamma.sh

You can take a look at the scripts that comes with the firmware here: /usr/pandora/scripts

To set a gamma profile from a script you can do this:

#! /bin/bash

gamma=$(grep "Very bright" /etc/pandora/conf/gamma.conf | awk -F\; '{print $3}')

echo $gamma > /sys/devices/omapdss/display0/gamma

You need to give root permissions when executing the script. Or you can pass your password when executing the script (suppose the script is named gamma.sh):

echo PASSWORD | sudo -S ./gamma.sh

That worked perfectly. I didn't even think to look in the scripts folder to see how the system actually did it. Thank you.

Back