Help With Isp Issues

spray

PSP pwner
Website
Visit site
Whilst at uni is signed up for a broadband services with a company called datacomms.

Everything was fine and dandy but since cancelling the service I have had nothing but problems.

I was informed that as long as i gave a months notice there would be no charges for ending my contract (which was only based on a monthly service anyway, i did not sign a contract for 12 months). I dutifully did this and everything seemed ok.

The problems soon followed. First i was constantly called by a credit company working in datacomms name saying i owed money, i owed them no money. Much email forwarding and wasting of my time later and it appeared everything was fine.

Recently i checked my bank statement and noticed that i was still being charged a monthly fee by datacomms, two months after ending my account.

I recieved an email back from them today saying there had been an error and I would be refunded ten pounds, they had taken forty from me. In the email they sent was a copy of my transactions, with a £29 fee payable on around the same date that i cancelled my contract.

I have replied to the email requesting the full forty pounds returned and the £29 fee removed from my bill.

If they refuse i'm thinking of going to the citizen's advice bureau, you guys got any other ideas where to turn for help?

Send them a dead squirrel via the post, with a note saying next time this will be you.

I think it would be better to talk to someone in person and have them sort out your problem there and then along with a printed letter of apology/confirmation that you have been refunded.

If you have all the proof in documented for, then a small claims court will see you right, and the CAB are the ones to talk to.

Failing that, you could get in touch with Bargain Bassments for help. He has a good soliciter who should see you right.

Back