Help testing possible fix for A/V sync errors.

Jim diGriz

Still Fresh
Hi. I posted that I had put up a new guide for encoding Divx for the GP32 a few days back.
Some people (including myself) have been having A/V sync problems with some films for a while now.The errors occur even when doing a 1-pass encode.
I'm trying to work out a fix for this and currently lowering the audio settings in Virtualdub from 32kBit/s, 11,025 Hz to 24 kBit/s, 11,025 Hz, seems to be looking positive.If anyone who has had such a problem occur, could find the time to try this out it would be great.I'd like a few reports from people to confirm if this change helps.Just follow the original guide but use 24 kBit/s, 11,025 Hz instead.Thanks.

Much appreciated M^4.
No problem. So far, things look good. I have only done one test though but it came out better than before. I have Realbout High School and I use episode 1 as my benchmark (it had problems on my XBMP).

Just converted it last night using 24kb and it had no problems. I will try some more throughout today (while at work, no less!) and let you know the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, I'm begging to get yelled at for grave digging here, but I just wanted to post and say that this totally works.

I just reconverted a movie to 24kbps audio that I was having tons of sync errors with, and now I can even fast forward and rewind and still have the audio in sync!

So, just in case anyone else was still wondering, this is the working workaround for GPCinema audio sync issues, and works with the latest GPCinema 2 Universal that's in the file archive.

Back