Hello, Thank You And Help Please

dosteridge

I play, therefore I am?
Website
Visit site
Hello to you all. I have been a GP32 user for about 2 and half years (and love it to bits) but Santa bought me a GP2x for Christmas, which was, of course, fantastic.

I have never posted on a forum before, ive always been a lurker and finding answers for my problems form other peoples posts, oh and im scared of being flamed!

But anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to all the devs who spend their spare time on the wonderful emulators, especially tuskenraider for the supurb Lynx emulator and to reesey for DrMd. (I will be donating when im paid this month)

I have a few little problems which have been driving me mad for days and I wondered if anyone could help me, but before I start on those I have the original firmware from the 1st edition (too scared to update) I use 2500 batteries and I have SDL Libs installed and a 1GB Panasonic SD card and I have read all of the readme files.

I am sure im missing something really simple and apologise if this is a really annoying post! Right then - here are my problems:

1. DrMd scans the roms directory everytime I run it or select 'select rom'. The readme says that when its run it will create a drmd file to store the configs but it never has, I have tried to manually make this file but that dont work either, save states dont work either, I assume because of the same issue. Any Ideas?

2. The excllent gp2xhandy by tuskenraider (i love this emu) the save states dont work and I cant figure out why?

3. I cant get fuse to work at all, I have copied the whole directory to the root but when I run it the screen goes blank for a split second and back to the main boot screen?

4. Vice, I cant get this to work either, I get the same results as fuse above.

I have been able to work out most things like this when I first got my gp32, but im completely stuck with these things on my gp2x.

Anyway, the 2x is a fantastic piece of kit and work of the devs (in a fairly short space of time) has been superb. :rolleyes:

I wont bore you any longer and thanks for any advice you can give.

Kevin

It wouldn't, unless you have a USB 1.1 port and your GP2X is in USB Mode.

Try reformatting the card. Either FAT or FAT32 should work.

I'm suspecting your gp2x 'thinks' the sd card is write protected... as the card reader has no trouble writing to the card, it's probably a problem of the gp2x card slot :(

I'd try toggling the sd card wp-switch a few times, even though it will probably not help, if it's a misalligned pin on the gp2x's card slot..

P.

ive just reformatted an 256mb Sandisk card and tried drmd with a couple of roms, but no joy. Ive also had a play with the switch on the side of both cards but no joy either, do you think I should buy a usb card reader and if so can you recommend one?

If memory serves, was there not an issue with some GP2Xes running the earliest firmware versions, whereby some units kept treating all SD Cards as read-only?

Ive used both fat and fat32, I havnt updated the firmware but I think thats the next step, I didnt realise that some of the early firmwares had that issue. which firmware would you suggest to upgrade to?

Hi, My GP2X had the exact same problem on the early firmware, although it seems to be one of the very few that did.

Once I upgraded my firmware, my SD could be written to.

You shouldn't really have problems if you upgrade on fresh batteries, unless your SD card is just incompatible with the updater, in which case you can use the replacement updater which has been released.

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow when ive charged the batteries and had some sleep, I will let you know if it solves my problems.

Thanks for all your help

couldnt wait till the morning, just updated firmware without a problem and everything is working like a dream - not going to get any sleep tonight and i feel a sicky coming on tomorrow!

Thanks again

Back