Hardware compatibility list

I8NY

Okay for the people who got there Pandora already go ahead and post what hardware that works with it. (SD card, USB devices, Bluetooth devices, etc.) Just post what works and doesn't work and I'll make a list to help people buy working components in the future.

USB:

SD Cards:

Bluetooth:

--------------------

Why there is nothing there yet is because i haven't gotten mine yet.

crap, i thought that there might have been something already out there after i posted this thread. well i hope this thread gets buried and gets deleted, i feel so stupid. thanks for the link now i can see what work now.
It's good to remind people to look at and contribute to the wiki, since people are generally only looking at the FAQ and user guides sections (which is where most of the content used to be in the early days)

As a reminder, feel free to add info, or mention things on the talk pages (which are really just notes for each page). Other people will probably help with formatting and grammar if necessary (you can also write non-english versions of pages if you wish)

In any case, most USB stuff should work, and just about anything bluetooth should work too, unless it's some unusual special gadget. (The most tricky one seems to be ad2p profile, i.e. stereo sound. But IIRC this works already).

well, things like WiFi dongles won't work, because the drivers are not included - so in some cases 'known working' is much more useful than a guess...

well, things like WiFi dongles won't work, because the drivers are not included - so in some cases 'known working' is much more useful than a guess...
Yeah, wi-fi dongles could be a problem. But there are some that work in the mainline kernel (built-in drivers in Linux), some of them should work on Pandora as well. (For x86 it's a bit different, because just about every wi-fi dongle can usually work through ndiswrapper when there's no Linux driver.)

So please people, update http://pandorawiki.org/USB_compatibility_list#USB_WiFi_adapters whenever you can.

Yeah, wi-fi dongles could be a problem. But there are some that work in the mainline kernel (built-in drivers in Linux), some of them should work on Pandora as well. (For x86 it's a bit different, because just about every wi-fi dongle can usually work through ndiswrapper when there's no Linux driver.)

So please people, update http://pandorawiki.org/USB_compatibility_list#USB_WiFi_adapters whenever you can.
I think I remember one of the devs saying that the current pandora kernel includes NONE of the built-in drivers, only the driver for the on-board WiFi. That means anyone trying will also have to compile their own driver.

Just went to update the wiki, and it already says this:

Code:
The Pandora stock kernel doesn't seem to come with any wireless driver support outside of the internal wifi chip. The only way you'll get wireless working is to build your own kernel with it included or try compat-wireless

Last edited by a moderator:
crap, i thought that there might have been something already out there after i posted this thread. well i hope this thread gets buried and gets deleted, i feel so stupid. thanks for the link now i can see what work now.
Don't worry your stupidity has been noted. :p

Thank your lucky stars that DaMummy failed to spot this post (or was still licking his wounds from his last dressing down), else you'd've had a proper trolling. :p

no surprisingly enough, ive spotted this topic as well but didnt think this topic came up twice a week. the flood gates only open to nds emulation, phone capabilities, and more pandoras should be made threads, other then that, this troll stays under his bridge with his palm happily away from his face

no surprisingly enough, ive spotted this topic as well but didnt think this topic came up twice a week. the flood gates only open to nds emulation, phone capabilities, and more pandoras should be made threads, other then that, this troll stays under his bridge with his palm happily away from his face
:D

Back