Gp32 films

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
Argh, after waiting for days for lilo and stich for the gp32 to download from edonkey cos it couldnt find sources i found that its all in French dammit. Same with a futurama episode. Is there nowhere i can download descent English stuff that works with moviepark?!?!?

You need to
a) Select a sound codec - mp3 is good. In fact, its necessary. Make sure you've got the Frauhoffer codec installed. And encode sound at a low bitrate.
B) Make sure sound is set to "Full processing mode"
c) If a message came up when you opened the file saying "Unknown VBR encoding method, may cause outofsynch by ... seconds", use the file-> save wav file somewhere where you've lots of space, and then use "Wav file" instead of "Full Processing Mode"

Nope that helps a bit...

Oh yeah, and make sure interleaving is set to every frame...

Dozer posted on Jul 22 2003 said:
Nope, thats not it, iv asked 4 help on here before but no1 can help :huh:. I get the message
Error initialising audio stream compression: The requested conversion is not possible.
Dont suppose n e 1 can help now?
Hi,

In the "audio" menu of VD you need to select "conversion", Then select sampling rate "11025hz". In the "precision" box below that select "no change", Then in the "channels" box to the right select "stereo", Click "ok".

Go back to the "audio" menu and select "compression", Then select "MPEG layer-3" from the box on the left. Click "show all formats" below the box on the right and select "18kbit/s, 11025 hz stereo 3kb/s" from the box on the right, Click "ok".

Sorry if this seens a bit patronising and the audio will not be the best quality, But it should get you up and running :) .

Let us know if it does`nt.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I'm assuming you aren't trying to convert from .wma type audio? Coz virtualdub, cool as it is, doesn't support it :(

trooper posted on Jul 22 2003 said:
Dozer posted on Jul 22 2003 said:
Nope, thats not it, iv asked 4 help on here before but no1 can help  :huh:. I get the message
Error initialising audio stream compression: The requested conversion is not possible.
Dont suppose n e 1 can help now?
Hi,

In the "audio" menu of VD you need to select "conversion", Then select sampling rate "11025hz". In the "precision" box below that select "no change", Then in the "channels" box to the right select "stereo", Click "ok".

Go back to the "audio" menu and select "compression", Then select "MPEG layer-3" from the box on the left. Click "show all formats" below the box on the right and select "18kbit/s, 11025 hz stereo 3kb/s" from the box on the right, Click "ok".

Sorry if this seens a bit patronising and the audio will not be the best quality, But it should get you up and running :) .

Let us know if it does`nt.

Trooper
Thank you! At bloody last its working. I did all of that stuff before apart from selected sterio in the channels box and i also used 32k/bit/s 11025 hz stereo before. But its encoding now! Thanx!

Klown posted on Jul 22 2003 said:
What can i use to convert .wmv audio as i have a cool movie thing i really wanna convert
Usually if the audio is WMV, the video is as well. There are several programs that convert WMV audio/video to AVI, but they're all either crippleware or crap.

The best thing I've found to use is TMPGEnc. It's a program for converting just about any format video into VCD compatible MPEG1. It will convert WMV videos without a problem, and then you can then convert the MPEGs into GP32 compatible AVIs.

Back