Gp32 Emulators On Gp2x ?

psj3809

Now i'm not a programmer so i dont know how easy/hard it must be (i presume hard) but is there anyone out there who could convert Rlyehs great emulators for the GP32 to the GP2X ?

His emulators were great, worked so well and had the same user interface. Theres some great emulators on the GP2X of course but would love to see the MSX or Colecovision emulators copied across to the GP2X.

I know lots of people were asking Rlyeh but nothings really happened. If someone had the source code would they be able to convert it ??

I would happily give a 50 dollar donation if someone could do this for one of the emulators

F-Day
F-Day was/is a day announced in February 2005 by GP32/GP2X dev rlyeh as the day he will release all of his 12 emulators in completed form. Since, he has released preview versions of several F-Day emulators for the GP32 (fGB32, fZX32, fCol32, fMSX32). Little has been heard about F-Day after these releases, but there are some who still expect F-Day to occur (for both GP32 and GP2X).

As far as I know, Rlyeh will still release these emulators at some point. The preview versions for the GP32 were great, and full releases will probably get me back using my GP32 as well as my GP2X. He popped up recently in the GBA thread, so he's still around. Hopefully he's still working on them.... :D

From Rlyeh's forum late November of this year:

"Internal beta 0.C will be ready from 1st december 2006 to any dev who requests it.

And if you got any suggestion for 0.C before its release, it\'s time to request it: the library is pretty much stable, and I won\'t code 0.D for a looong time (since its time to come back and start porting all those emulators you love :)

So, hurry up and feel free to post your suggestions in this thread"

So maybe there is hope yet? If he does port his emus we should donate something as well, as they are great.
I hope there is a NES and PC-Engine emu in there somewhere too. Those 2 are bit lacking on the GP2X so far.

psj3809 posted on Dec 29 2006 at 11:44 AM said:
...Theres some great emulators on the GP2X of course but would love to see the MSX or Colecovision emulators copied across to the GP2X....
Colecovision : columbo (awsome version of gorf :D )
msx: fmsx (which i still cant get to work :( :( )

Last edited by a moderator:
RockOut posted on Dec 29 2006 at 09:15 PM said:
Yeah! I have been waiting for f day for 2 years! I guess I just gave up eventually. I hope he's still working on them though.
yeah me too :(.

And DaveC, sounds like good news :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rlyeh is pretty much one of the coolest guys I know out there.
He's a very talented coder, everytime he picks up his gp2x for a few days, he accomplishes things (like enabling TV Out in his minilib) what other devs couldn't figure out for months (I have no idea how he does that :) Must be magic).

BUT he always codes when he wants - and very often, he doesn't want to code for a long while (can be days, weeks, even months).
So, it takes the time until something happens... but it WILL happen :)

Boy, I'm sooo happy we have such really good devs like Franxis, Pepone, Squidge, Rlyeh, Orkie, Notaz, Gnostik, Skeezix, Puck, ... (list can go on forever...) in the gp2x scene :)

Never seen such a horde of cool and nice guys in any other homebrew scene :)

LOVE YOU ALL :)

Back