Gp2x Mame And Cps2 Games

Solstar

does tihs version of MAME for gp2x runs cps2 games like street fighter alpha,x-men vs street fighter etc.

even if they're without sound,i don't care about it

Yes.

Has anyone considered porting Final Burn for cps2 support? The author even mentions that he feels it's quite easy to port to the gp2x, and even mentions the now defunct gizmondo. I'd port it myself, but I'm rubbish at cross compiling, and having a hell of a time with a far simpler program. :)

Allan.

Muncher666 posted on Feb 10 2006 at 11:35 AM said:
Yes.

Has anyone considered porting Final Burn for cps2 support? The author even mentions that he feels it's quite easy to port to the gp2x, and even mentions the now defunct gizmondo. I'd port it myself, but I'm rubbish at cross compiling, and having a hell of a time with a far simpler program. :)

Allan.

Unfortunately I don't he's not talking about Final Burn being ported....he's talking about Picodrive (Genesis emulator) being ported to GP2X

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh, right you are.

I just checked the site, the cpu emu's are written in assembler. Oh well.

Allan.

Isn't it alpha zero or something? Bloody capcom.

Been in talks with Dave from finalburn.com - he thinks it's possible, using the cyclone core and the mame z80 core. So how bout it, actual devs? :)

Allan.

Muncher666 posted on Feb 10 2006 at 10:28 AM said:
Isn't it alpha zero or something? Bloody capcom.

Been in talks with Dave from finalburn.com - he thinks it's possible, using the cyclone core and the mame z80 core. So how bout it, actual devs? :)

Allan.
I would looooooooove CPS 1/2 on gp2x... cps1 sure seems possible... there anything on that yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
The GP2X version of MAME you'll find for download is a port of MAME 0.34, which is extremely old by this point, and never had support for CPS2. It's also worth pointing out that CPS1 games are a little slow in MAME without overclocking.

There IS a version of Street Fighter Zero for the CPS Changer, and this version IS emulated in MESS via the "sfzch" drivers, but the current GP2X version of MESS does not include this driver as far as I know.

--Zero

Back