Gp2x F200 Button Sticking

bintpurple

Still Fresh
I just got my new F200 a few days ago and all of a sudden the right D-Pad button sticks, sometimes it gets stuck down and after a few miliseconds pops back up, sometimes it takes about half a second as it slowly rises from pushed back to its normal position. Anyone else have this problem or a good solution before I call Dynamism and/or take it apart and clean it out?

Last edited:
I also have a F-200, but my D-pad is okay. It doesn't get stuck like you describe yours.

If it's just because it's tight, then eventually it would loosen up after some use (or apply a lubricant, not sure if this is safe). It could also be that something is getting in the way, but I can't tell.

Hmm... Since I have never opened my F-200, I do not know what the insides look like (aside from pictures), so I don't know how the D-pad buttons actually function. I cannot say if it could be because something was broken or was jammed inside while using. :(

I believe the D-pad mod that xcen mentioned was this one here.

As for the pictures of the insides of the F-200, you can download the images here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact it was ok initially indicates all is fine, and perhaps the rubber contacts on the D-pad moved a little inside the case. I suggest opening the unit and checking it hasn't moved; reassemble, this probably will solve issue. 5 minute job.

Back