Gp2x Comic Reader?

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
Just wondering if there is a program out there for the 2X that can read the comic book archive files, or a port of an open source program, like Evince or Okular that knows what to do with the archive files...

I'd just unzip the archives, but flipping through images with the photo viewer kind of sucks.

I was planning on doing such a project, but due to lack of time, the need to refresh my programming skills + the lack of enthusiasm by the community I never did. But still I would love to have such an app on my 2X one day.

Rayek said:
I'd just unzip the archives, but flipping through images with the photo viewer kind of sucks.
I did that and the resolution sucks. My 300dpi comics are barely legible on the GP2X. I get one cell per screen. Zooming makes the lettering unreadable. So I converted them and tried again. Unzipping and converting each page was a pain but is workable. So, this is possible for die-hard fans that have to have comics on the go. But, it's a PITA to get there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, perhaps with the Pandora... But I'd love to finish Watchmen when I'm not in front of the computer ;)

Back