Gp2x Battery

JRP

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Im thinkin maybe in the future Gamepark will need to make a GP2X Battery.3600 mAh batterys are made for PSP so maybe same could be done for GP2X :D

Im thinkin maybe in the future Gamepark will need to make a GP2X Battery.3600 mAh batterys are made for PSP so maybe same could be done for GP2X :D
2 things:
1. post it in the GP2X forum, NOT the gp32 forum
2. shorten your sig, why make it so long (do you want them to have to make rules for the sigs because people abuse it?)

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things:
1. post it in the GP2X forum, NOT the gp32 forum
2. shorten your sig, why make it so long (do you want them to have to make rules for the sigs because people abuse it?)
at least you could of comment on his actual post about the battery.

battery: sounds an interesting idea so they would move away from
AA's?

Personally I like AAs. Imagine in 10 years time when you dig your GP32 or GP2x out of a box and fancy a bit of retro gaming. All you have to do is pop in some batteries and away you go. Not the case if you've got Lithium batteries. They degrade rapidly especially if not kept in very cool conditions so the chances are your GPxx will go back in the box for another 10 years.

I don't care $ony make 3600mhA or 6300mhA, 'Cause I'm pretty sure plenty of battery companies already investigate in developing new high capacity AA batteries (And probably they will be cheaper and eaiser to buy than $ony's one)

It might reach at 3700mhA AA someday (2700~2800 atm, though) , that is maximum mhA my current AA charger can deal with.

I remember when I was in university, our professor was explaing moore's law. Where a CPU speed will double every 18 months. (or was moore's law the one where everything that can go wrong will go wrong)

He also said that trends show that battery capacity against volume increased 10% in the same period of time.

So in 10 and a hald years, you could have 7 cycles.

Considering 2500mhA is the typical AA these days, you could expect 4872mhA for each AA in 10.5 years.

So in 10 years or so, you could boot up your GP2X for maybe over 6 hours of gaming goodness. Ofcouse it would crash all the time if the NAND was worn out, so lets just assume you got bored with it after a year and stored it away in the garage in a sealed container.

Ehm, as far as I know, GPH is already working on a battery.

To have a li-ion battery to pop in your GP2X (or GP32) wouldn't neccessarily mean that you can't put your ni-mh rechargables in back.
Li-ions can be formed very freely and could surely be adapted to the size of the GP2X battery slot (is it called slot?). One problem would be that that battery would have too high voltage, but I don't think that is a problem which cannot be fixed.

Sadly, what I believe GPH is doing is they're adapting the GP2X to the battery and not reverse (which would be better :rolleyes: ).

(or was moore's law the one where everything that can go wrong will go wrong)
You're thinking of Murphy's Law, and that's the oversimplified version. It's a little bit longer than that.

There's also a shit-ton of Murphy's Laws for soldiers/combat. They're pretty amusing.

Here's an article on the original law, and here's the combat ones. I'm pretty sure they're not actually written by him, though.

You're thinking of Murphy's Law, and that's the oversimplified version. It's a little bit longer than that.

There's also a shit-ton of Murphy's Laws for soldiers/combat. They're pretty amusing.

Here's an article on the original law, and here's the combat ones. I'm pretty sure they're not actually written by him, though.

lol @ 'Incoming fire has the right of way'

haha, interesting link.

I always get those mixed up. Laws that start with 'm'.

Awww, and I was really interested in reading about all the systems he has and what firmware is on each.

Gotta love the wonders of being sarcastic

Besides anyone that thinks the DS sucks ass is clearly an idiot ¬_¬

Awww, and I was really interested in reading about all the systems he has and what firmware is on each.

Gotta love the wonders of being sarcastic

Besides anyone that thinks the DS sucks ass is clearly an idiot ¬_¬

Drak's was worse if you too his avator into account.

Back