gp cinema nearly working

gary

hi all.

im nearly there - i have followed a few guides for creating movies for the GP with gp cinema and i can see the file name on my GP. it even tells me all the details of the movie file - length of movie, sound, bit rate etc but i just cant seem to get it to play - any ideas whats wrong? i feel im so close to getting it right, but still so far

any helps appreciated and thanks

gary

i had similar probs. firstly, try to see if you can play small files sizes, and if thats ok, then try large ones. Use v-dub to only re-code a small section of the film..!

hi,

yes i have realised it easier to test a 15sec section thatn a full 30mins - after about 2 hours or messing around!

neither big or small files seem to play. im really at a dead end on this one.

i have tries both divx 4.12 settings (variuos) and also the xvid settings and both can be seen as files but neither play.

heeeeellllpppppp

Make sure that you are using the latest version of virtualdub (check here) as some version will always makes files that won't work

i think i am - im using vdub 1.5.4 which is the latest isnt it?

Yes it is. Are you encoding with or without sound?

If you are encoding without sound, I don't think the files will work (they didn't in moviepark)

actually i just checked my sound options and the "compression" option is not selectable - any ideas what would cause this.

on my gp it says the file has 44hz sound - previously the sound compression tab has been available but for some reason it isnt any more

Make sure that you have selected the correct source for the audio. If it is a video file then it will be avi audio, if it is a DVD then it should be wav audio

That is the only reason I can think of for the compression option to be unavailable

Either that or virtualdub is unable to detect the audio for some reason

just got a test file too work!!!

i has the audio set wrong. just incase any one else has a similar problem i LEFT the CONVERSION on 44hz and then set the AUDIO COMPRESSION to 32kbits, 10,025Hz, stereo and it seemed to work fine.

thanks for your time crazeeplaya, your replies helped me find a solution - much appreciated! i can watch films on the train now on the way to work : )

cheers
Gary

Back