Gore Movies

sataniC Virus said:
Some good suggestions here folks, anymore just post here. It takes a lot to freak me out at films, well apart from E.T. when that willy neck freak throws the ball out of the shed. Saw that in the cinema at the time and I have never been freaked by a movie since :p
Sorry to slightly derail your thread but what do you mean be freak out? :ph34r:
Do you mean like watching a horror movie and having the crap scared out of you, or more like a 5 year old seeing goatse for the very first time and screaming "WTF'S THAT!!!!"?

I've not really seen any gore movies (besides Braindead, but I'm not sure whether thats a proper gore movie or not) so don't know what you look for in them. In fact, I think I've seen more snuff clips than actual gore movies :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow. I remember seeing ET when I was younger, and now that I think about it, there was 1 scene that totally fucked me up for weeks. Like, I lost sleep over it (I was young).

This was the scene. Really weird we both got freaked out over that!

I remember seeing The Shining when I was younger and watching that one scene with the lady rotting in the bathtub :unsure: It scared me so much, I used to leave the door open whenever I would take a crap in the bathroom :lol:

Javacat said:
sataniC Virus said:
Some good suggestions here folks, anymore just post here. It takes a lot to freak me out at films, well apart from E.T. when that willy neck freak throws the ball out of the shed. Saw that in the cinema at the time and I have never been freaked by a movie since :p
Sorry to slightly derail your thread but what do you mean be freak out? :ph34r:
Do you mean like watching a horror movie and having the crap scared out of you, or more like a 5 year old seeing goatse for the very first time and screaming "WTF'S THAT!!!!"?

I mean films where you get shocked by what you are looking at, and sometimes have to look away, if only for a second! I would class Braindead as gore, but in a funny kind of way - more of a comedy.

Check out Naked Blood and at the part where the girl pulls out her own eye and eats it - that almost freaked me out!! Especially as it looked so mouch more real than 'that eye scene' in Hostel.

Maybe I used the wrong choice of words, but films such as these are more of asn experience than entertainment when they leave certain shocking scenes in your memory. Like going on a cool rollercoaster, you know you will be crapping your pants but still do it!

BTW i was being 'witty' over E.T. ... .. . :rolleyes:

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Oh wow. I remember seeing ET when I was younger, and now that I think about it, there was 1 scene that totally fucked me up for weeks. Like, I lost sleep over it (I was young).
This was the scene. Really weird we both got freaked out over that!

Terrifying, I could never eat Reese's Pieces for fear of attracting alien abduction after that.

Toolbox Murders is good for gore. I think you can probably imagine what it's like from the name.

has anyone suggested "the dentist" yet? Never seen it but it's supposed to scare the shit out of you by the sheer pain the protagonists are experiencing. Also "Tears of Kali" is supposed to be pretty shocking.

WarmFluffyUK said:
Try this wierd film called From Beyond. The uncut version is soon to be released on DVD.

I used to love that film, I'll have to get it when it's re-released. Another good film which I don't think has been mentioned is 'Undead'. It's a fairly low budget Australian horror movie, if you like Brain Dead you'll love Undead. The first time I watched it I wasn't overly impressed but it's one of those films you appreciate more with repeated viewings. And don't watch the trailer as it totally mis-represents the movie, tries to make it look serious when in reality its very tongue-in cheek.

Other films you might like (though I'm not sure you'd consider gory enough) are:

'Demons', 'Demons 2' by Dario Argento and Lamberto Bava
'Idle Hands' very funny :)
The Blob, 1988 remake not the original, look out for the sink scene.
'The Thing' The John Carpenter version. Brilliant film with some amazing and quite gross effects.

ruckage said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Try this wierd film called From Beyond. The uncut version is soon to be released on DVD.

I used to love that film, I'll have to get it when it's re-released. Another good film which I don't think has been mentioned is 'Undead'. It's a fairly low budget Australian horror movie, if you like Brain Dead you'll love Undead. The first time I watched it I wasn't overly impressed but it's one of those films you appreciate more with repeated viewings. And don't watch the trailer as it totally mis-represents the movie, tries to make it look serious when in reality its very tongue-in cheek.

Other films you might like (though I'm not sure you'd consider gory enough) are:

'Demons', 'Demons 2' by Dario Argento and Lamberto Bava
'Idle Hands' very funny :)
The Blob, 1988 remake not the original, look out for the sink scene.
'The Thing' The John Carpenter version. Brilliant film with some amazing and quite gross effects.

@WarmFluffyUK - I saw From Beyond years ago and completely forgot about it! Great film, reminds me of Society, similar era, and athmosphere.

@ruckage, great taste in films man. I love The Thing & The Blob (remake!). Idle Hands too is an excellent comedy. Think I saw Demons before but will check out again.

Whilst I love to be grossed out as much as possible by films, I also love others too! ;) 80's action flicks like Terminator, Death Wish, Commando, Lethal Weapon, Total Recall, Alien(s), etc etc are brilliant. Basically, if it is unbelieveble chances are I will like it !! Sci-Fi & Horror done with a darker twist to the norm are brilliant.

The same goes for my music taste, which includes technical metal and industrial bands. I could start a whole new thread for those, but perhaps no one is interested?!! I will refrain for now before imposing too much!! :D

BTW greatly appreciate all replies here. Some commercial suggestions (which are always good to check out for 'Hollywood' effects) & some serious underground classics, some of which I am bidding on ebay for right now!

Thanks y'all!

Back