GP2X Gnuboy Source?

GeminiDomino

It's starting to look like K-Teto's nice port of gnuboy is falling into the "abandoned" heap. No word on it since March (0.6b) here or on his page, and I'm not on the spanish forums for obvious reasons.

Since it's got one particularly large failing IMO (which I think is a bug, but might be an omission) in that it doesn't support SRAM saves, and the stock version does support it, I figured I'd take a stab at getting it in there.

Only trouble seems to be that there's no source anywhere to be found. Am I looking in the wrong places? Anyone else have any info on this (or maybe have any contact with K-Teto to find out if he's still working on it and/or when he's going to make the source available?)

I don't have many time because i have to go to work right now, but gnuboy2x is still being worked on.
http://emulnation.info/~k-teto/files/gnuboy2x_07_testing.zip

That testing version has zip support, sram and rtc (for pokemon for example)
The source is a mess, but it will be released, anyway, gnuboy can be compiled for gp2x whitout many changes, since it's SDL.
But, please, i just need to finish this and clean the code, give me some more time, it's all i need.

I don't have many time because i have to go to work right now, but gnuboy2x is still being worked on.
http://emulnation.info/~k-teto/files/gnuboy2x_07_testing.zip

That testing version has zip support, sram and rtc (for pokemon for example)
The source is a mess, but it will be released, anyway, gnuboy can be compiled for gp2x whitout many changes, since it's SDL.
But, please, i just need to finish this and clean the code, give me some more time, it's all i need.

HEY! No problem! If you're still working on it, then it's all good and I'm happy and can wait for the source (I still wanna fiddle. ;)) Thanks for answering, too. It's such a nice job it was depressing thinking it went the way of so many before it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back