Fs Or Trade: Gp2x 1st Edition (in The Usa)

project86

I'm finally ready to move on from my trusty 1st edition GP2X. It is not in the greatest shape but it certainly works and lots of fun can be had from it. Here's a list of the "issues" that it has:

Screen is still in great shape with a few minor scratches (mostly little nicks or dots rather than long scratches, biggest scratch is the size of a hair and can't be felt with a fingernail) but nothing that drastically bothers me when I use it. Has some dust under the screen like they all get which can be cleaned, it never bothered me enough to mess with.

Headphone jack fell off and was lost long ago.

Has some strange issue with batteries; it will tell you it has low batteries quicker than it should, and sometimes actually refuse to boot as if they really are dead. But if you take them out and put them back in, it will work again..... So you can still get several solid hours of gameplay out of it. I use it here and there for 10-30 minutes at a time, and end up replacing batteries every few weeks. I only use 2000mAh Eneloop batteries, so you might get better results from some higher capacity batteries.

Joystick had a minor issue where it wouldn't register very well when pushing left. Turns out it was rubbing against the side of the actualy unit. Shaved things down a bit and it works very well now, better than it did when new.

Minor nicks and scrapes here and there. Nothing bad but I want to make clear that it is not in "as new" condition like some of the ones I've seen for sale.

Despite all that this thing is still a great unit, and lots of fun can be had with it. I'm on FW 2.0 because I've never had any issues with it. Package includes:

GP2X 1st Edition
Offical GP2X case
2GB SD card
1GB SD card
Official TV out
Official AC adapter

I use the term official because they came in GP2X packaging as ordered from playasia a long time ago, not sure if there is an official term for those... Just trying to be clear that it is not a wall wart power adapter from radio shack, or a DS case, etc.

The 1GB card is all loaded with my favorite MAME, NES, Genesis, NeoGeo, 2600, Game Boy, etc games, as well as some homebrew stuff. The 2GB card has all the CPS games like Gigawing, Marvel V Capcom, etc. I only mention this because it would make it very easy for a new person to enjoy this system without having to mess with anything.

I'm selling because between this, my PSP, Wii, PC, Blu-ray player, HD DVD player, etc etc I just don't have time to use it all, and I have another baby on the way.

I don't even really know what to ask for this thing, so I'll just start with $70 or best offer. Payment via paypal only, and USA buyers only. Please email me at locustfist58 at yahoo dot com with any questions.

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back