Free Dr. Pepper's For All Americans!

nightwheel

Website
www.nightwheel.wordpress.com
LOS ANGELES – Dr Pepper is making good on its promise of free soda now that the release of Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" is a reality.

The soft-drink maker said in March that it would give a free soda to everyone in America if the album dropped in 2008. "Chinese Democracy," infamously delayed since recording began in 1994, goes on sale Sunday.

"We never thought this day would come," Tony Jacobs, Dr Pepper's vice president of marketing, said in a statement. "But now that it's here, all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

Beginning Sunday at 12:01 a.m., coupons for a free 20-ounce soda will be available for 24 hours on Dr Pepper's Web site. They'll be honored until Feb. 28.

Tasty Source

I don't know about you guys. But I'll be taking up this mighty fine offer this Sunday.

Of all the weird, off-topic stories to get duped, who would have thought this would be one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oddly enough the stuff is still pretty popular here, used to drink it before I decaffeinated. I imagine the bottler shit a brick when they heard Axl was finished, were obviously betting he'd od or burn out.. I'll be camping in queue outside my local Best Buy for a copy, bet it'll taste better than a regular DP too. Think

The album is actually surprisingly good in my opinion. Most of the tracks dispense with typical rock song structures and come across as a glorious, shambolic mess. Axl still has a voice that could strip the paint off your walls too. I'd love a reunion (Adler on drums, not Sorum), like most old-school GNR fans, but this new incarnation of GNR certainly kick ass.

The album is incredible and was worth the wait. Hope the 4-6 weeks is worth it for my Dr. Pepper whom I must give props for having a text no flash sign up page, was unexpected, kudos. That is really a great album, second time through.

The whole thing was complete bull. They made the site slow enough that it was nearly impossible to get through to the register page. I gave up after a while. My neighbor was late for work just to get one, sadly he lost more money than the worth of the Dr. Pepper.

Never got past the registration page. Made me really mad too, considering I tried it many times during the day and it never worked.

Back