Firmware 3.0.0

Gizmo

Still Fresh
I recently upgraded my firmware to 3.0.0. On the front menu when I am navigating through the options, the icons change to a large square with lines across it. It looks really poor and unprofessional. Is it supposed to look like that ? It said the upgrade was successful.

If the upgrade failed. Can I re-try the upgrade if the system thinks it is already at 3.0.0 ?

Gizmo said:
I recently upgraded my firmware to 3.0.0. On the front menu when I am navigating through the options, the icons change to a large square with lines across it. It looks really poor and unprofessional. Is it supposed to look like that ? It said the upgrade was successful.

If the upgrade failed. Can I re-try the upgrade if the system thinks it is already at 3.0.0 ?
No, they should turn into animations of the icon. They kind of go around in circles when they are selected. I would retry the upgrade.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
you should search the board but i think you missed the step where you upgrade the apps, did you hold down start+select at any point doing the upgrade?

zacaj said:
And why would you upgrade to 3.0?!?!?
I don't know if I would upgrade for it, but I for one. think the 3.0 firmware is nicer looking than the 2.x firmware.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why there are skins and alternative frontends like Gmenu2x. Looks is the last thing you should flash your firmware for.

Back