Firefox Extensions I Recommend on Firefox

Firefox is painfully slow on my 1ghz pandora.... pretty unusable.... It's, unfortunately, much easier to browse via my kindle fire than my Pandora.

Odd. For me Firefox starts up faster than a lot of native games, and at a comparable speed to my netbook. In use it's relatively snappy too - although it probably helps that I use the noscript plugin and cut down the number of third party scripts I choose to run.

Oh cool,i will read when i am Home.

BTW: Is there a Firefox Plugin who simply can load the FLV Videos in a own Mplayer Window?

I searched long,but found none who make that under Linux.

There's video download which gives you a quick and easy way to download the flv file. You can then play it manually with mplayer or vlc.

Why are there no links in the article to directly download the extensions?

It'd be much easier for me.

BTW: Is there a Firefox Plugin who simply can load the FLV Videos in a own Mplayer Window? I searched long,but found none who make that under Linux.
No, but in the article I mentioned you can use monkeyscript to add a  button on the youtube page for downloading video in any format :)

Firefox is painfully slow on my 1ghz pandora.... pretty unusable.... It's, unfortunately, much easier to browse via my kindle fire than my Pandora.
Are you running the pnd from an SD card? If you run it from the NAND, it is substantially faster.

I was apparently running it from a slow class 4 as card... my close up eyesight isn't so good... so I hadn't noticed the little 4 on the card.  I copied everything over to a class 10 card and it seems much snappier.  Yet another fun thing about getting older.  :)

I was apparently running it from a slow class 4 as card... my close up eyesight isn't so good... so I hadn't noticed the little 4 on the card.  I copied everything over to a class 10 card and it seems much snappier.  Yet another fun thing about getting older.  :)
If you want top speed a flash memory on the usb port at the back should be even faster.

Back