Finally Got My Pandora

Orion4874 said:
How often does the phone ring and you try to answer your remote? That has happened to me more times than i'd like to admit. I've also tried changing the channel with the phone.

I once was startled out of my sleep by the phone signal, and tried to answer by lifting the teapot lid (the teapot was standing on a chair next to my bed) and speaking into it. It didn't work. After a few confused "Hello?"s, I realised my mistake, got up, fumbled to the telephone proper and answered in that instead. That didn't work, either.

Then I turned off my alarm clock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once I broke a salt shaker filled with really, really hot chili powder, the kind with a warning label saying to keep it away from children. I wanted to clean the shaker by blowing into it. Well, that were some painful 15 minutes until I could see again...

^ :lol:
You win the prize :D I did the same with a full ashtray when I was four years old. It was so horrible that I still remember it thirty years later *shudder*

^ Yay I won! :) And heh, I was 29 when I did that and *should* have known the results. But I really liked that salt shaker and was so sad I broke it and didn't really think...

Moxie said:
Orion4874 said:
How often does the phone ring and you try to answer your remote? That has happened to me more times than i'd like to admit. I've also tried changing the channel with the phone.

I once was startled out of my sleep by the phone signal, and tried to answer by lifting the teapot lid (the teapot was standing on a chair next to my bed) and speaking into it. It didn't work. After a few confused "Hello?"s, I realised my mistake, got up, fumbled to the telephone proper and answered in that instead. That didn't work, either.

Then I turned off my alarm clock.
That undercover gig you did for the Thunderbirds must have stuck, eh? Do you still wear those pink outfits?

Moxie said:
I once was startled out of my sleep by the phone signal, and tried to answer by lifting the teapot lid

I can beat that. I actually managed to answer the phone in my sleep and was halfway though a conversation (that apparently, and not surprisingly, didn't make much sense to the other party involved) before waking up and being really freaked out that I had a phone to my ear and somebody was talking to me.

But here's a new kind of stupid.

I was in a restaurant t'other day in stormy weather when the power to the entire road went down. This place had a generator so it was business as usual. I was eating alone so I was clearly listening to what everybody else was saying. There was a group of four on the table behind me, presumably two couples. One guy actually says to his girlfriend, and yes he was really being serious, "Hope there's not a powercut on our flight tomorrow, and we fall out of the sky. Still at least we'll die together"

^ :lol:

was it this guy?
83218192.jpg

[edit]
video added for those of you who don't know his smoothness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqPX12_tVL8

jesus, I've created a monster thread!
Can u ppl keep me entertained until I actually get my damn Panda back?? :p

My mum loses her glasses once a month, by wearing them.
She's not blond, but probably some juvenile drug abuse helped with her forgiveness.
And I still can't spell the name of the street where I live... verdammte deutsche Sprache!

Back