"file Cannot Be Deleted Because It Is In Use By Another Program&#3

Silverchild79

Still Fresh
For some reason I can no longer delete old Rom files from my Wiz. It says they are in use. Reboot the Wiz, same thing. Reboot the computer, same thing. I'm just trying to clean out some roms that I don't use anymore so I can get the most out of my memory.

Is there a known cause for this? Nothing else I am running is messing with them to my knowledge.

Thanks in advance

Windows has marked the SD card as locked, and then didn't unlock it. Probably because it wasn't unmounted cleanly before ejecting it.

I forget the exact steps I used to fix this problem myself. It involved using the Disk Manager Utility in Windows XP's Computer Administration panel to beat the card back into submission.

You can also just try reformatting the card.

Try deleting them with the Windows' command line. It works sometimes with files that Windows doesn't want to unlock.

Silverchild79 said:
For some reason I can no longer delete old Rom files from my Wiz. It says they are in use. Reboot the Wiz, same thing. Reboot the computer, same thing. I'm just trying to clean out some roms that I don't use anymore so I can get the most out of my memory.

Is there a known cause for this? Nothing else I am running is messing with them to my knowledge.

Thanks in advance

Doesn't the WIZ have a file manager? If not, doesn't any of the games/emulators/software have the ability to delete files?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Back