Fenix Desktop English Translation

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I just Hex-Edited Fenix Desktop and thus created an English version.
This may be buggy as well as contain a lot of translation errors, as I don't know Spanish at all...
I may also have overlooked some text, but I think it's pretty complete...

Installation:
You need a working installation of Fenix (for the GP32).
Get it here.

Then download the translation here and copy the file into the Fenix Directory.

Delete the config.ini in the Fenix Directory if exists before you start the English Fenix Desktop!

Some tutorial links for Fenix can be found here (thanks to Moogle).

Please report any bugs (translation bugs, not Fenix bugs) here.

Note: You can't run your programs using Fenix Desktop. This has something to do with the GP32 version and is NOT a translation bug.
Find more information about that on above mentioned Tutorial page.

Happy coding! :)

he, just before checking here I found it on Flamingbird.com ... first time I see something like this before it gets posted here.

a little question.... fenix is not object oriented like c++ right?

so you write all the code in one place (file) ....? or can you have several files before you compile?

he, just before checking here I found it on Flamingbird.com ... first time I see something like this before it gets posted here.

Hm? What do you mean?
I can't find anything about this on Flamingbird.com... would also have been strange, as I released it here first ;)

EDIT: Ha, just found it in the downloads section :)
Moogle's been real fast :)

Last edited:
oh, sorry... thought it was this one

but I guess not then... as is says:

"An English interface on the popular Fenix Deskyop IDE, kindly provided by Moogle."

thanks for this one anyway....

what type of things can one do in Fenix??

~Octavious

check out the commands... it seems to be a pretty easy-to-understand very high-level language (i.e. easier than BASIC) :D

the tradeoff is flexibility, but judging by the stuff that's been produced, there's not much bother there... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, true, I did exactly that about a month ago. :) Though I didn't post a link to it on that writeup page, because someone told me he crashed it(only happened once, never had any problems myself). Heh, well, I guess it's always good to give people a choice ;)

EDIT:

Just place the "FenixDesktop.exe" into your Fenix Directory (overwrite the Spanish Version) and delete the config.ini if it exists (if you don't this may have some strange effects :))

How did that happen, did you translate the config.ini entries too? :)

Hehe, true, I did exactly that about a month ago. :) Though I didn't post a link to it on that writeup page, because someone told me he crashed it(only happened once, never had any problems myself). Heh, well, I guess it's always good to give people a choice ;)

EDIT:

Just place the "FenixDesktop.exe" into your Fenix Directory (overwrite the Spanish Version) and delete the config.ini if it exists (if you don't this may have some strange effects :))

How did that happen, did you translate the config.ini entries too? :)

Hehe, you did that, too, probably without knowing.
Maybe that's why your version crashed.
You translated the name of the Default Contrast theme - and that's the name
which is saved into the config.ini.

So, if you have a spanish config.ini and start the english version, it makes weird colors if you load a code or start a new one and crashes as soon as you try to
change the colors, because it can't find the contrast theme which is saved in the configuration :)
If you delete the config, it will recreate it using the correct name.
Took me a while to figure that out ;)

Last edited:
Back