Emulator Help

Wilhood

ive just become a owner of a gp2x ,a month ago. ive managed to get some emulators working"spectrum,atari st,mame,snes.but ive looked on wiki for details of installation of other emulators like the bbc,amstrad,amiga and a few others and cant make sense of the instructions to installing them.ive also read the readme files on the emulators to no avail.the reason i am telling you this is because i had trouble getting the the atari st emulator working until i came across another thread explaining in step by step instructions"everyday talk,no directory this or root this" just plain english and it was easy to install with these instructions.so i just started this thread to anyone who would like to leave guides to installing any emulator in plain english.

The Amstrad emulator Caprice was easy to install.

Download the emulator for here - http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,1,0,0,5,2122

Use Winrar (or other .RAR utility) to unRar/unzip the files.

This will give you a folder(directory) called "cap32-v1.3.2" inside this folder is another folder called "game" Inside this is another folder called "cap32" This is the folder you need to transfer to your SD card (the emulator and everything required is in here).

Once you've transferred it to your SD card, you'll want to start adding games. Download some Amstrad games (in .dsk format) and place them in the "disk" folder within the "cap32" folder.

Once you have a couple (or lots) of games insert the SD card into your GP2X and turn on. Go into "Game" on the menu screen then "SD Memory Card" Then find your "cap32" folder and click on that. Within this folder you will find lots of folders before finding the "gp2xcap32" executable. Click on this.

You should now see an intro screen, then a menu screen. Click on "Load disk" and it should list all the games in the "disk" folder. Click on a game and it should load it automatically. Not every game is fully compatible, but 9 out of 10 games I've tried have been.

Have fun :)

iprice said:
The Amstrad emulator Caprice was easy to install.

Download the emulator for here - http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,1,0,0,5,2122

Use Winrar (or other .RAR utility) to unRar/unzip the files.

This will give you a folder(directory) called "cap32-v1.3.2" inside this folder is another folder called "game" Inside this is another folder called "cap32" This is the folder you need to transfer to your SD card (the emulator and everything required is in here).

Once you've transferred it to your SD card, you'll want to start adding games. Download some Amstrad games (in .dsk format) and place them in the "disk" folder within the "cap32" folder.

Once you have a couple (or lots) of games insert the SD card into your GP2X and turn on. Go into "Game" on the menu screen then "SD Memory Card" Then find your "cap32" folder and click on that. Within this folder you will find lots of folders before finding the "gp2xcap32" executable. Click on this.

You should now see an intro screen, then a menu screen. Click on "Load disk" and it should list all the games in the "disk" folder. Click on a game and it should load it automatically. Not every game is fully compatible, but 9 out of 10 games I've tried have been.

Have fun :)

THANKS IPRICE,ITS A DAMN EASIER TO FOLLOW YOUR INSTRUCTIONS.CHEERS .JUST NEED AMIGA INFO NOW.CHEERS AGAIN

Last edited by a moderator:
Back