Emulation Comics

tokugawa

Still Fresh
Hello,

Just got my wiz aswell, and i tried to install emulators and cant get it to work either. I really dont get it and its pretty frustrating. I've read all post and everything, its also because i dont understand what the vocabulary like rom bios and all that stuff. Doesnt anybody have some link to a really basic step by step guide or something.

I would also like to know if its possible to read .cbr and .cbz comics on the reader.

Greets Tokugawa.

tokugawa said:
Hello,

Just got my wiz aswell, and i tried to install emulators and cant get it to work either. I really dont get it and its pretty frustrating. I've read all post and everything, its also because i dont understand what the vocabulary like rom bios and all that stuff. Doesnt anybody have some link to a really basic step by step guide or something.

I would also like to know if its possible to read .cbr and .cbz comics on the reader.

Greets Tokugawa.

Have you downloaded the version of the emulator specifically for the Wiz? The plain old GP2X versions don't work on the Wiz.

The only emulator that I know of that has been ported to the Wiz that needs a bios is gpSP. The bios is a file in the Gameboy Advanced. It is needed to make the emulator run because emulating the bios would be too slow. Just put the bios in the folder and the roms somewhere, and all you need to do is run the .gpe and select the rom you would like to load in the program.

Also, the Wiz can't run a .cbr file, but all a .cbr file is is a compressed rar file filled with images. Just rename the file extension to .rar and open with a program like 7zip, extract the files inside, and you should be able to view them with your Wiz.

Edit: It seems a .cbz file is just a renamed zip file, so use the same process above, just rename it as a .zip instead of a .rar.

If you have any more problems, please try to be more specific.

Last edited by a moderator:
retrogamer500 said:
It is needed to make the emulator run because emulating the bios would be too slow.

This is false. In fact, an implementation that doesn't require the BIOS can be very slightly faster. It's just a lot of work with a lot of potential compatibility issues that I just didn't find worth the time and effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, how do i rename it to .rar and what is 7zip do i download it and is it easy to use (i suck at all this stuff)? Also i used the "drag and drop converter" on my videos and doesnt work can anyone give me a link to another program that will work.

concerning the emulators for example; (from the readme)
Now you need to copy some SNES roms to you SD card. Again you can put your roms anywhere you like on your SD card, you just need to configure DrPocketSnes to point at your rom directory. To do this follow the instructions below

1. Start PocketSnes
2. Select "Select Rom" from the menu.
3. This will take you by default to the current working directory (e.g the directory where you installed DrPocketSnes /mnt/sd/DrPocketSnes.
4. You now need to browse through the file system to find your rom directory.
5. To do this select ".." to move up and directory or select any entries that start with "+". Entries that start with "+" are directories, so selecting takes you into that directory.
6. Once you have located your rom directory, you need to save the current directory as your default rom directory.
7. To do this select the "Back To Main Menu" menu option.
8. Then select "SNES Options"
9. Then select "Save Current Rom Directory"
10. This will store the current rom directory in a text file held in the options directory. So the next time you start PocketSnes and select "Select Rom" you will be taken straight to your rom directory.

I did everything upto point 4. but i didnt understand point 5 and 6 so couldnt continue Help please in explaining that in understandable language.

Greets Toku

Back