Emulation Button Annoyances

Alpha eX

Still Fresh
Just got the NES emulator today and its brilliant but suffers the same flaw as the SNES emulator, button placement!

It makes it nearly impossible to properly play mario because you cant have your thumb both on the run and over the jump button at the same time.

Is there anyway to change the button configs in the emuatlors, for the NES all that needs to be done is change the B button actions to happen when X Button is pressed, as for the SNES every button needs to be moved around.

Still despite all this the creators have done a great job on getting the emulators done but the buttons really do make playing the game alot less fun. Can someone contact or tell me how to contact the creators of the emulators, surely it cant be that hard to change the button configs.

Ranting over.

Such are the pitfalls of testing alpha/beta releases.

Have patience, and see how the project develops over time :)

With each release there will be tweaks that will either improve the performance of an emulator or enhance it. We already have had a step up allow us to try any rom we like without having to rename it. And I'm sure it won't be long before the key configuration becomes available.

At the moment I would like the speed to improve, but you have to say for such an early release it is a very fine job. :)

Back