DVD/CD storage

JDUK

Website
Visit site
Hi just thought id rack your brains, Does any one know of a decent storage system for DVD's, it must be for plastic wallets as it takes up to much space to store in thier origonal cases?

Thanks

No good it needs to be able to use dividers, have quick access to a specific disk and have the disks facing you not side on. somthing like a whopping great disk box i just cant find one of the capacity i need. there all 60 or somthing crappy like that

I use a 250 cd wallet a breeze to flick through cd's and the size of photo album.
Find it does the job nicely and takes up no space at all.

I actually bought in a local hmv a while ago think it was about 20 oddquid. Erm a company called caselogic does em had a quick search and came up with this place..

http://www.hwaudio.co.uk/shop/products_bro...=161&strSearch=

charging a lot more than mine cost me and it doesnt seem as compact mines a hell of a lot slimmer.

You could do worse than check your local hmv to see if the ary still doing them.

Thanks for that i found em on amazon for £30. ANd im off down cash & carry next week so ill see if i can pick a bunch up cheep. Still does any one know any where i could buy a 1k capacity dvd storage chest in the uk please ?

I use an almost free method. I use the boxes we get coffee packs here at work (they are just a little wider than a CD/DVD) and cut the top out. I put the CD/DVD in paper sleeves with plastic windows and store them in the boxes. I cut dividers out of cardboard. The only thing I buy are the sleeves.

The CD or DVD has a label or written label viewable through the sleeve window.

If I need to take discs with me, I put the discs, in the sleeves, in a steel clam-shell holder so they don't damaged.

I curently store ~600 discs this way and can find any disc in less than a minute (I have a database index).

wow, what do you need 1000 dvds for. sheesh, dont they hold enough?

btw, any old plastic cd holder case thingy you find at oncue or some stupid store like that would be fine. dvds are the same size as cds, but im sure everyone already knows that. I use the plastic cd wallets for all of my dreamcast/xbox games and it works just dandy...

I need a HUGE dvd shelf

my anime dvd collection is going nuts i have most anime series that are over 100 episodes @_@

i spent $720 on the full series of rurouni kenshin then $100 on 3 dvd the samurai x split series that is b4 rurouni kenshin then the samurai x movie which is after rurouni kenshin

thats 26 DVD and its only a 95 episodes anime :D
then another 3 dvd which is 3 episodes.

so i need A HUGE dvd shelf ;)

:ph34r:

NiN^_^NiN posted on Jul 22 2003 said:
I need a HUGE dvd shelf

my anime dvd collection is going nuts i have most anime series that are over 100 episodes @_@

i spent $720 on the full series of rurouni kenshin then $100 on 3 dvd the samurai x split series that is b4 rurouni kenshin then the samurai x movie which is after rurouni kenshin

thats 26 DVD and its only a 95 episodes anime :D
then another 3 dvd which is 3 episodes.

so i need A HUGE dvd shelf ;)

Should have looked HERE first

Kenshin 1-95 - $95.00
Kenshin OAV 1 - $21.00
Kenshin OAV 2 - $11.50
Kenshin movie - $11.50

Total = $139.00 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
lol

I'v been getting them in australia so its $30 a dvd besides the people who make the dvd take the time to make the best dvd menus ever. Serious they make the best menus for all the anime dvd it blows all the proper anime dvd menusout of the water.

Check em out

www.madman.com.au

Back