Duke2x Sound Problems

Snake Plissken

Still Fresh
Hi,

First off I want to thank Woogal for such an amazing port. This port was actually the sole reason why i got my GP2X. Ok, on to the problem. The sound keeps cutting out, or it wont play at all. Duke also doesn't talk.(i have made sure the duke talk option is on) For example, I'm playing duke and everything works. Duke talks when I pick up a weapon, or when i blow someone away. But after a few minutes duke goes silent, my weapons sound cuts out (especially the pistol when holding down the fire button) and everything else starts to act up. Gameplay is fine its just the sound. :( I have checked the config file and set all the mix rates right, and it still acts up. I have firmware version 2.1.0 and I am using the 1.5 Atomic edition of duke. Thank you for reading my post and or helping.

hm, thats strange, it works just fine here...
You could try other datafiles, but i doubt that's the problem...
Maybe try the config file from the wiki.

I was one of those 53 people, and it's not that no-one knows how to fix this, it's that as far as I'm aware you're the only person who has ever experienced this problem. I was waiting to see if anyone else came along and said that the same thing had happened to them.

I'm sorry if I seemed rude or impatient with that post. I really didn't mean for it to sound like that. I'm just frustrated with this. ( been trying for a month now.) So I'm the only one with this problem? Thats strange. Is there anyway for it to be a hardware problem, I don't see how. I also had tried Vimacs suggestion and it still is acting up. ( Once again, I'm sorry for my earlier post.)

So, not related to this problem, but I have a Duke question too. I've never played Duke before, so I was interested in trying it out. So far, things are great but I don't know the controls well. Are they posted somewhere? I didn't see anything in the readme.

What I have trouble with is that I can't aim up or down, which seems to be a problem when those guys in jetpacks are flying around, or people are up high shooting at me.

Thanks a lot for the port woogal! For me the sound has been fine...

I'm also having a problem with the sound and it's the same exact problem as the original posters too, but I thought that it was just how the port was :( I'm also using the Atomic Edition so maybe thats the problem?

I too thought it was the port itself, until I saw a video of it being played. I think there are a lot more people who have this problem but think it is the way the port is. I have also talked with Shifty, we both have the same exact problem, and we are running at the same exact specs. (firmware 2.1.0, Atomic, latest port.) So it might be the firmware.

Back