do you think pcsx2 could work

Just imagine what could happen if a few specific people here got together to give us something like it for the Pyra. We need to start collecting donations to pay them to try.

I'm pretty well versed in emulation tech, and the short answer is no. PCSX2 requires a pretty decent PC which is several times more powerful than the Pyra in both CPU & GPU, and it's not like it was an optimized program to begin with. The long answer is that someone could work on a PS2 emulator specifically built to the Pyra's specs but by the time that got to playable we'll probably have a new CPU board that's a lot more capable. In the meantime why not find some good PSP games, because I'm sure that a good port of PPSSPP will be available and you might even be able to run games at higher than native res.

It must work...but maybe not with fast 3D Games...
...maybe with turn based Japanese Role Play Games :)

I want it too on the Pyra ;)
Even its slow...i want it even on the Pandora.

Do not forget the Opensource Ps2 Emulator from www.purei.org :D

Open source software doesn't mean you get to ignore basic facts.

Here's play running on a Snapdragon 625, it's a much better SoC than the one in the Pyra, probably around 3 times better at least. That's what PS2 emulation would look like on the Pyra, but at a third of that speed. I wish someone would just sticky a thread that says Gamecube/PS2 emulation is not possible on the Pyra because people who have never compiled a line of code keep coming in here with unrealistic expectations.

I'm pretty well versed in emulation tech, and the short answer is no. PCSX2 requires a pretty decent PC which is several times more powerful than the Pyra in both CPU & GPU, and it's not like it was an optimized program to begin with. The long answer is that someone could work on a PS2 emulator specifically built to the Pyra's specs but by the time that got to playable we'll probably have a new CPU board that's a lot more capable. In the meantime why not find some good PSP games, because I'm sure that a good port of PPSSPP will be available and you might even be able to run games at higher than native res.

So you mean like Drastic was made just for the Pandora, then adapted to the android market? Like that?

Hmm.

Do I think it is likely? No. But the brain power is here for a very good and optimized attempt.

Do not forget its possible to change the CPU/GPU on the Pyra. :p

PS2 and Gamecube WILL be possible in the Future on thy Pyra.
Maybe not with the "Starter CPU Board"....maybe with an Successor 8/10 Core CPU :D

...yes i see a good Future for the Pyra ;)

Do not forget its possible to change the CPU/GPU on the Pyra. :p

PS2 and Gamecube WILL be possible in the Future on thy Pyra.
Maybe not with the "Starter CPU Board"....maybe with an Successor 8/10 Core CPU :D

...yes i see a good Future for the Pyra ;)
Didn't you play PS2 with perfect speed on Pandora already? :p

...via ptitseb's moonlight or something...

Open source software doesn't mean you get to ignore basic facts.

Here's play running on a Snapdragon 625, it's a much better SoC than the one in the Pyra, probably around 3 times better at least. That's what PS2 emulation would look like on the Pyra, but at a third of that speed. I wish someone would just sticky a thread that says Gamecube/PS2 emulation is not possible on the Pyra because people who have never compiled a line of code keep coming in here with unrealistic expectations.

Not saying that gamecube and ps2 will even be possible, but I do remember in the early days of the pandora that people repeatedly said that DS emulation was never going to happen and if it did, it wouldn't be playable. But we got surprised there.
There's always a chance we can get surprised again (granted, it may be a few years...) :)

Didn't you play PS2 with perfect speed on Pandora already?

...via ptitseb's moonlight or something...
Ah Yes good Idea.

Remoteplay is a good possible Way:

I have now a much more Powerfull PC than last Times.
Maybe i will try that again these Days.

It was via Remote Play and a fast Remote Software called Splashtop.
Unfortunaly i cannot use Moonlight because its only for Nvidia.

Maybe i will try Skyrim again too.

Last edited:
Ah Yes good Idea.

Remoteplay is a good possible Way:

I have now a much more Powerfull PC than last Times.
Maybe i will try that again these Days.

It was via Remote Play and a fast Remote Software called Splashtop.
Unfortunaly i cannot use Moonlight because its only for Nvidia.

Maybe i will try Skyrim again too.
Is Splashtop able to run on Pandora? It doesn't look open source.

Splashtop is closed Source.
You must install Android 2.3.5 from Notaz and use a Wlan Dongle with it.
I played Descent3 in the Past fluid with it too.

Your PC do the Work and stream it to your Pandora with it.
Fortunaly you can realy use the Pandora Dpad and Gaming Buttons to remote Control and play Games with it on your PC.
The Nubs do not work under Android for me.
And you must reconfigure a System Config File for use the USB Dongle as Wlan0.

I have that long Time not tried...but with my faster PC that should work fine.

The Same should be work fine on the Pyra with other Software :D

Splashtop is closed Source.
You must install Android 2.3.5 from Notaz and use a Wlan Dongle with it.
I played Descent3 in the Past fluid with it too.

Your PC do the Work and stream it to your Pandora with it.
Fortunaly you can realy use the Pandora Dpad and Gaming Buttons to remote Control and play Games with it on your PC.
The Nubs do not work under Android for me.
And you must reconfigure a System Config File for use the USB Dongle as Wlan0.

I have that long Time not tried...but with my faster PC that should work fine.

The Same should be work fine on the Pyra with other Software :D
At that point, may as well directly play it on the PC

Or, because you can.

I love doing totally impractical things just to see if I can get it all working.

Back