Developing On An F-200

craigletheren

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I've seen a lot of comments whilst browsing on these forums which suggest that the F-200 is not much good for developing on?

Is this fact or simply some people's opinion?

CR

The F-200 lacks the USB net chip, so there is no telnet and samba connection over USB possible. This functions are very usefull for devs.

Regards,
Stephan

If your happy with just copying your app to an SD card and trying it on the F200, then it's no problem.

However, a lot of devs have been "spoilt" by the developer friendly capabilities of the F100, so understandably, they don't want to use a F200 that doesn't have those capabilities.

sbock said:
The F-200 lacks the USB net chip, so there is no telnet and samba connection over USB possible. This functions are very usefull for devs.

Regards,
Stephan
To your knowledge, will this ever be supported?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so but I'm no expert. Perhaps Squidge can tell you more about it.

In this thread a workaround is discussed.

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally would not want to go back to developing without a telnet connection like I did on PSP (and am loathe to eventually do so). I develop on PC as much as I can but a lot of us hit a point where you need to start writing things that are specific to the GP2X (possibly including a lot of ARM assembly). This is why I think Pandora has the potential to be a good testbed for writing ARM code on that can later be back-ported to GP2X.

Back