Delete all previous threads from old forums

ish420

I suggest that all the threads and post from the old thread be totally wiped out. Start from scratch. Most threads posted were of no importance anyway. And maybe limit thread creating rights to a more productive system. No useless threads may be started. Any Ideas to add to this request to make it a much more organized forum?
-Ish

1. I can't understand what you're talking about. Are you really saying that once GP32X comes back we should wipe out the Pandora forum?

2. Do you understand that this is a temporary forum?

I'm talking about the real forum, not temporary. There are over 50 pages of non sense. There would be no mayor loss If we began with a nice clean forum. Or am I mistaken. If so, how?

I don't have anything against cleaning up the various "omgomgomgpandorapreorderdayisonlyamonthaway" threads, but I wouldn't restrict the forum as you suggested. That would only drive people to less restricted forums, and you'd end up with a forum for people who "are allowed" to use it fully.

Forums need useless threads! People need to be able to post what they want, or they might as well just use the official website or the wiki!

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Imagine being new to the whole idea of the Pandora, logging onto the forums, and finding only half a dozen threads - wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence!

Well, the other forums are due a cleanup, it's true. But wiping them clean would lose an awful lot of stuff that really shouldn't be lost.

As I understand it, the plan is to create the essential subforums to coincide with Pandora's release (i.e. when it ships). That is to say,
- News would shift to a model much closer to the GP2x News section.
- Emulators, Homebrew, Help, and Cool Ideas forums to be created.
- Possible pruning of some of the older and less useful threads (though I suspect that'll be under discussion between mods closer to the time).

The reason it's a mess right now is precisely because those subforums aren't there.

Though I do agree that an Applications forum (assuming we're keeping Emulators and Homebrew ones) would probably be a good idea, even if only for the purpose of making new visitors to the site aware that Pandora isn't just about games. It *is* about games, but there's more to it than that...

There will be quite a bit of cleanup once the old forums are up again. There were something like 60 new threads started on Tuesday before the whole thing went south. I started consolidating some of them, but there is plenty more to be done.

As for wiping the boards clean, that's ridiculous. There is a lot of useful information in those threads. Sure, half the new members (and even some of the old ones) don't bother to search for that information, but I still need it to link to in response to their questions ;)

Quick question. If the site happens to be gone for good, when was the last offsite backup of the web files and database?

TrevorBradley said:
Quick question. If the site happens to be gone for good, when was the last offsite backup of the web files and database?
It's not.

Back