Daphne.. Just For Refresh..

I can't believe the emu is up and running in just a short time frame. Can't wait for the first release.

That is cool.

Too bad I never could get Daphne to work properly on a PC. Not for lack of trying either. ;)

A port isnt so suprising. If it was from scratch then yeah I'd be suprised. Problem for me with this is that finding the games to play on it seems a near impossible feat. (and no I'm not asking for roms just saying I've not seen any sign of them in my searches after first seeing this news)

The cool thing is it's a port from the original author, so no learning curve on the source side of things.

The LD captures show up on Usenet about every 3-4 months or so. The only problem is this time they're going to have to be re-encoded. I wonder how many of these we'll be able to get on a 1 Gb sd card. :rolleyes:

The cool thing is it's a port from the original author, so no learning curve on the source side of things.

The LD captures show up on Usenet about every 3-4 months or so. The only problem is this time they're going to have to be re-encoded. I wonder how many of these we'll be able to get on a 1 Gb sd card. :rolleyes:

Old thread I know, but it seems progress is still being made regarding Daphne.

I actually caught a full set of these on Usenet maybe two years ago...and still have it. It is pretty huge, spanning 8 or so DVDs. If and when this is released I will surely re-encode the movie files in an attempt to get the most out of the limited space and attempt to retain quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great achievement technically, but I won't be playing Dragon's Lair on my GP2X - I think it's the ultimate example of good graphics but bad gameplay. When I first saw it (when it first came out) I thought wow but playing it was a real disappointment. I could have forgiven the "move when you see something flash" style if there had been multiple paths through the game rather than the right choice or death.

Back