Release Cytadela

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Cytadela, a remake of an old Amiga game of the same Name.

preview3.png

This port use glshim, and has just been slightly modify to have centered screen (fixed at 640x480) and keymap that is Pandora friendly (sources inside the PND).

So shoulder are shot (but you first need to find a weapon for that) and examine stuff.

Also {X} is Use Item (like Space)

Weapon can be changed with 1-0 (or F1-F10)

{Y}, like Tab, is MAP

and {B} is "noisevision".

Game is quite difficult, so good luck.

History log

=========

Build 02

-----------

• Fixed savegame issue
  • Tearfree now
Build 01

-----------

• Initial build
  • Some key configuration

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played a bit with this on my CC...and i must admit is really hard and a little frustrating too...but the port is very good done :)

Only the intro video sequences are without any sound and i think not played well...maybe it's the vlc plugin.

Just played a bit with this on my CC...and i must admit is really hard and a little frustrating too...but the port is very good done :)

Only the intro video sequences are without any sound and i think not played well...maybe it's the vlc plugin.
Yep. It's a webm encoded movie, and I'm not sure there is sound in it anyway.

The game crashed after I have finished level 1. Here's the log.
Nothing inside the log that can hint on why it crashed unfortunatly :(

(but I noticed I have some mistakes in the launch script)

The crash is reproducible. I tried strace but there's nothing useful in the log. Any ideas?

Wow you guys are right, this IS hard :-o

Tried Catacomb Abyss (Shareware) just for fun as well besides to compare and the latter one is a cakewalk :D

I got it! The crash happens when I finish the level and answer "yes" when asked if I wanted to save the game. It's pretty straightforward to reproduce, install the game on fat32 or ext3 partition, start a new game without modifying any settings (keep the difficulty to hard) and rush towards the exit on level one.

I got it! The crash happens when I finish the level and answer "yes" when asked if I wanted to save the game. It's pretty straightforward to reproduce, install the game on fat32 or ext3 partition, start a new game without modifying any settings (keep the difficulty to hard) and rush towards the exit on level one.
Ah, save game. That a good hint !

Fixed the savegame issue (was some misscompilation, I forced less optimisation for the fileio.h file). Now save / load seems to works

Build 02

-----------

• Fixed savegame issue
  • Tearfree now

Back