Cursor Keys And Mouse Control

Pleng

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I had a qucik search but couldn't find anything.

Firstly, will the D-Pad be able to (and in fact initially configured to) mimic the cursor keys on the keyboard?

Secondly, will one of the analoug nubs be able to (and be initially configured to) act as a mouse, kind of like those little tiny trachballs in the middle of IBM Thinkpads?

cheers!

Pleng said:
Firstly, will the D-Pad be able to mimic the cursor keys on the keyboard?
Yes.
Pleng said:
(and in fact initially configured to)
Maybe.
Pleng said:
Secondly, will one of the analoug nubs be able to act as a mouse, kind of like those little tiny trachballs in the middle of IBM Thinkpads?
Yes.
Pleng said:
Maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
Pleng said:
Firstly, will the D-Pad be able to mimic the cursor keys on the keyboard?
Yes.
Pleng said:
Maybe.
Pleng said:
Secondly, will one of the analoug nubs be able to act as a mouse, kind of like those little tiny trachballs in the middle of IBM Thinkpads?
Yes.
Pleng said:
Maybe.
Excellent news. Thankyou very much :)

ledow said:
Squidge - a man of few words but he makes all of them count. :D
Yup. I was left in no uncertainty to the situation.

What I thought would be cool would be an option to control the mouse using both analogue nubs. One could make medium-quick movements across the screen (depending on how far you pushed the nub in the corresponding direction), while the other controller could be used for sine-small movements.

Just an idea :)

Pleng said:
What I thought would be cool would be an option to control the mouse using both analogue nubs. One could make medium-quick movements across the screen (depending on how far you pushed the nub in the corresponding direction), while the other controller could be used for sine-small movements.
It's not too hard to do that.

sindbad said:
Pleng said:
It's not too hard to do that.

Congratulations! You just got the job! :)

Pleng said:
while the other controller could be used for sine-small movements.

Just an idea :)
Of course I meant FINE-small movements... I can't think having the controller move in sine shapes would be of any practical use at all!

I think everybody understand you. :p

You just make the cursor speed lower at the a-nub. But i wonder, is there a mouse in the original PandoraOS? Whats with a finger on the touchscreen? :p

Codemonkey said:
I think everybody understand you. :p

You just make the cursor speed lower at the a-nub. But i wonder, is there a mouse in the original PandoraOS? Whats with a finger on the touchscreen? :p
Having to use the touchscreen for the mouse would be irritationg, especially when emulating Amiga or other mouse-systems, which are't designed for use with a touch-screen.

Back