Click & Play / Games Factory Etc.. Games Made With These Possible

Shadow of Chaos

Website
Visit site
I might aswell ask, im not sure if games made in these programs work in linux or not but i know they work in windows which is no good for this.

I remember reading a while ago that there was a converter being made for TGF games & GP32 but i never heard of anything becoming of it.

Any chance of someone making a game converter, or something to make the games run on Pandora?

Shadow of Chaos said:
I might aswell ask, im not sure if games made in these programs work in linux or not but i know they work in windows which is no good for this.

I remember reading a while ago that there was a converter being made for TGF games & GP32 but i never heard of anything becoming of it.

Any chance of someone making a game converter, or something to make the games run on Pandora?
Those applications are (as you note) for Windows only, and to my knowledge they generate executables for Windows only. (I've only seen them used by friends in the past, though, as I don't use Windows - if I'm incorrect, please do correct me. :p)

That said, I seem to recall being shown a work-in-progress game made with one of these applications once, which was in some format specific to the application it was made with, which was then run by choosing a menu option within the editor. Going on that, I suppose any chance of a converter or interpreter would depend on the specifications for those file formats being open. :p If they are, then an interested party could possibly do something with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to LOVE Klik n Play back in the day.

It's a shame Clickteam is so limited with ports. There used to me a Mac version of KnP, but I think they've only done Windows versions of their subsequent game design packages.

Something like TGF for Pandora would be a near killer app I think. Pandora will attract tinkering minds, but not necessarily programming minds. Clickteam's software is/was the perfect go-between the two.

In fact, I'm surprised the game design genre never really took off. Back when I first bought KnP I thought it was the beginning of something HUGE. I guess I was wrong.

Same here, i remember getting Klik & Play free on a CD in a magazine back in 99 or 2000 as far as i remember.

Then i got TGF and dabbled a bit, i ended up losing a good chunk of games.. and one mario game i got as far as making a demo and then losing the original unprotected file, after that i gave up.

http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&am...;c=2&id=172 is still available for download here as a demo.. shame i never got to finish it.

Used knp quite a bit back in the day, but found myself actually wanting some kind of programming language included, as I found the GUI too inflexible to use properly.

A year or so later, I stumbled across Megazeux (sometimes abbreviated to MZX). I believe there was a port of this for gp2x, but it ran a little slow. With the speed increase, and full keyboard, this would be perfect for Pandora. It comes with enough built in items to be easy to pick up, but the inclusion of a programming language (used through 'robot' objects) means that there's scope for some more advanced stuff.

I remember the people behind Multimedia Fusion were going to port it to the GP2x (or was it GP32?), but ultimately decided the system wasn't popular enough and wasn't worth their while.

If they were considering it before, maybe they'd consider a Pandora port if it gets popular enough.

Edit: There is also Game Editor in which you can save games in GP2x format. I'd expect an update for the Pandora.

Multimedia fusion would be great- so many beautiful, pixel artsy platformers on it. They do listen to their community it seems, maybe someone should shoot them an email?

I used multimedia fusion and loved it :lol: :rolleyes:

I wish someone would make a program like this for the Pandora

I'd be keen to make Klick&Play or something, but I don't have the faintest clue about game makers. If someone with a good knowledge and a very clear view about how the final product should look like wants to help me, I might get one done.
Proof of concept:
http://seuck.glbasic.com a SEUCK remake. I might provide a GP2X output. Should be a piece of cake to make.

lol the days before I know open source, i used to program games in macromedia director... pretty decent 2d games with tiling sprites based on pixelcolorreading.

I tried GLbasic on gp2x but its too hard for me without graphical reference.

Back