Cheapest Power Adaptor For Fellow Australians

Muncher666

Hey guys,

For the aussies around here, and I know there are plenty - just got one of these, works like a dream, and with postage these suckers are only $22.50 aud.

1000ma multi voltage plugpack power supply

I scoured everywhere I could find, and this was the cheapest deal that I could find with an Aussie plug. Sorry if this has already been posted, or someone found a better deal, but yeah. Cheaper than Dick Smith, anyway.

Allan.

DS have them, but they're horrifically overpriced - about $40aud. I nearly fainted. :)

Allan.

I just bought one of the GPH ones from playasia... never want to accidentally swap the polarity around and fry my unit with one of those multi ones.

Nice find, unfortunatly I already bought one of the really expensive ones from DS.

Is yours regulated? didn't see it stated in the ad.

Really annoying positioning of the DC input point though, gets in the way when holding the GP2X during game play, mine sticks straight out, probably would have been better with a 90 deg turn in it like the one I left in the UK.

See: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=24369&hl=

Digitor M 9622 $19.98

Hence you can source one from Dick Smiths at a cheeper price than you payed. Although by the time you've gone to DSE's and back you may have wasted the $2.52 saving and then you've gotta mod the thing anyway.

But it works. The only real advantages i can see with it is that you dont run the risk of accadentially setting an incorrect voltage and you get the resulting power source faster (trip to DSE Vs postage accross AUS).

Everyones probably stopped caring so I'll stop now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod it? You mean change the plug? I couldn't actually find the power supply you mention on DSE's site myself.

Allan.

It doesn't say on the packaging that it's regulated so my guess it that it isn't. So I wouldn't recommend this adaptor is you probably wouldnt get a constant voltage from it (at least i think it voltage and not current)

It doesn't say on the packaging that it's regulated so my guess it that it isn't. So I wouldn't recommend this adaptor is you probably wouldnt get a constant voltage from it (at least i think it voltage and not current)

The voltage is adjustable, so are you sure it's not the current?

Allan.

That's great. :) Thanks for posting that mate, been looking for one, couldn't find one that works either at Dick Smith or Tandy.
You must not have looked very hard. Item M9927 is the unit I have. Regulated 3V at 1.5A. Has worked faultlessly since day one. Some people here have mentioned the M9622 (which is a regulated unit by the way) that is designed for Gameboy devices that supplies 3V at 300mA nominal and 1500mA maximum, but you will need to cut the plug and swap the wires around to get the polarity correct.

Hey guys,

For the aussies around here, and I know there are plenty - just got one of these, works like a dream, and with postage these suckers are only $22.50 aud.

I scoured everywhere I could find, and this was the cheapest deal that I could find with an Aussie plug. Sorry if this has already been posted, or someone found a better deal, but yeah. Cheaper than Dick Smith, anyway.

Allan.

Is that regulated though? It doesn't say one way or the other in the listing.
I may pay $40 at Dick Smith but at least I know I'm getting a regulated supply.

EDIT: I asked the guy selling 'em, they're unregulated.

Hey guys,

Allan.

Is that regulated though? It doesn't say one way or the other in the listing.
I may pay $40 at Dick Smith but at least I know I'm getting a regulated supply.

EDIT: I asked the guy selling 'em, they're unregulated.

ah, damn it. I just brought one.

Back