Charging Wiz

Xed

Still Fresh
Just got my Wiz tonight.. Was wondering how long it takes to charge on the USB? Also, can you play and charge at the same time. I would have thought so, but I keep getting the 'Battery Empty' message even while it's connected to the USB. Is this normal?

Also, how do you get the battery off, I press in the 'push' button, I guess I don't want to force anything or break it.. Thanks for your help :)

you'll know if its charging if the 'blue' light gets a red tint to it if you've got it turned on or if you've got it turned off you'll get a red light to show that its charging.

First week i got it, i got around 6hours+ from the battery before i got the battery empty msg.

No, there is no light at all.. I've tried charging from 2 computers, nothing. The unit is completely dead now. There is absolutely NO indication from the LED or otherwise that the unit is charging.

Not a good start.

Options people!!

Any ideas or help would be appreciated before I send the freak'n thing back!

2 reasons you may not be charging your Wiz:

1. The USB ports on the computer may not have enough juice to charge the Wiz, this is usually true if the USB are extensions such as front panel ports or you are using a USB extension cable. As a test, plug your Wiz directly into one of the back USB ports. I have seen this many times and quite often effects external USB hard drives that take their power directly from the USB ports.

2. If the above doesn't work then you may have a faulty USB cable, we have had a few faulty cables that were supplied with the Wiz, so contact your supplier and get them to send you a replacement cable.

Good luck and hope things are resolved soon,
Clare.

Addition:
If you would like to charge your Wiz and are in a position to buy a mains charger, then a Samsung E810 Mobile Phone charger works brilliantly.

Thank-you for your help.. but still nothing. Hopefully it is just a faulty cable, I will try and locate a samsung charger before I send it back, thanks for the tip.

I appreciate the replies.

I found charge via USB is a PITA and slow (with my dev units, not final commercial unit.) I use an ipod wall charger instead -- wall mains plus a usb cable that plugs into it .. charges ipod and Wiz much much faster than via USB.

jeff

skeezix said:
I found charge via USB is a PITA and slow (with my dev units, not final commercial unit.) I use an ipod wall charger instead -- wall mains plus a usb cable that plugs into it .. charges ipod and Wiz much much faster than via USB.

jeff

However, a working Wiz USB cable will still be needed for that so in this case it won't really help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both a E810 wall cahrger and a new USB on the way, thanks for your replies. :)

Back