GP32 Changing The Volume Of A Sample ?

ConsoleTom

Website
Visit site
Hi !

Does anybody know a routine to change the volume of a played sample ? It has something to do with drums and i need to have a possibility to change the volume of each played note (each note is a full played sample).

Greetings

Tobias

Subtract X from each element of your sample array, that's it basically. But keep in mind, if the samples are signed, elements below 0 must have X added instead of subtracted.

don posted on May 19 2004 at 12:58 PM said:
Subtract X from each element of your sample array, that's it basically. But keep in mind, if the samples are signed, elements below 0 must have X added instead of subtracted.
Hi !

I thought of doing it like this but then i need a 'working copy' of each sample. Because when i lower the volume to 5% of the max. volume, 95% of the volume are 'gone'. So when i want to raise the volume again, i need the original sample back.

Doesn't the GP32 have the possibility to change the volume of each of the 4 channels directly ?

Greetings

Tobias

Last edited by a moderator:
4 channels? Only one output PCM and different channels need to be mixed to it by software. Anyway there's a HW register that you can use for volume but it will affect all sond output.

Back