Can't read PNDs

wastokins

Still Fresh
I recently used my 32gb SD card for another device since I'm low on space. I backed up all my data and when I put it back the Pandora wouldn't open any programs. It knows they are there but doesn't have the proper thumbnail. I formatted several cards, redownloaded the apps, flashed the firmware and put in several new cards to no avail. I am completely stuck and have no idea what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks

Cards formatted as Fat32?

Folder structure as required?

(in the root of the card, 'Pandora' folder, in that the folders 'appdata', 'desktop', 'apps', 'menu', - pnds in one of the last three as desired)

Which firmware have you re-flashed to?

You can browse the cards and see the PND files? Maybe if you describe their locations (/media/your_card/pandora/menu/non_working_app.pnd and so on) that might reveal something. If they are present and in the right folder, they don't show up in the menu either?

When you backed up all your card data and restored it, was this a simple copying of the entire 'pandora' folder on the card to your HD and back again?

If you've re-downloaded some pnds, double check their size against the stated size on their repo page, to be certain there's no corruption at play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fat32!

some people formatted to extFAT and thought it was Fat32, but it is not readable on Pandora.

Indeed. All the folders are in the right place and it is formatted to FAT32. I have placed the apps in the app folder and the desktop folder, redownloaded them and still no luck. I can see them in the folder but it does nothing. It doesn't even have the right thumbnail just the tilted square with some gears on it.

Very odd - did you use the Panasonic SD Formatter on your cards?

It sounds a bit like a firmware problem then if it's seeing all the pnds on any card that way - but since it was working for you on the previous install, then not working after restoring your card the first time, makes it a bit mysterious. Haven't seen anyone describe this specific issue before.

You are trying with a card that contains none of your restored files at all (fresh folders created, freshly downloaded pnds, no old appdata etc); and that doesn't work? I cant recall if it's case sensitive anymore, all my system folders are lower case..

Looks like the next step is another reflash of the OS with a new download of the firmware (compare file sizes). Not much fun, but I think it's the most likely thing at fault, but no idea how it would have originated in the first place.

EDIT: When you say you placed the pnds in the apps folder and the desktop folder, I presume not at the same time? (Apologies, just wanted to be certain!)

Have you tried putting them in other folders like /pandora/menu

I generally don't put anything in apps, just menu or desktop not sure why.

Back