Can Anyone Make A Marathon Port?

thecheat

butts lol
Website
Visit site
hey mr spiv (or any other mac devrs).... could you port Marathon? (if u dont know what that is then dont ask, you are undeserving :p )i KNOW its open source, but you need MPW (thats the format its in), so to code it you need a mac. that would be soooooooo coooooooooool!

source: here

There's a newer version of the Marathon engine (as Marathon 2 is open-source) that uses OpenGL and such. I do believe it's called Aleph One, and it adds a lot to the game's rather rustic (> 7 years old) engine.

Might be easier to start with the open-source port than the ancient source code provided by Bungie.

BTW: Marathon is the predecessor to HALO (that can be easily seen from the logo) and you can grab the sources here:
http://source.bungie.org/

They look very tidy and it could be ported to GP32, if someone would find the time to.

Oh. I forgot to mention: It has already been ported to the Dreamcast and there even is an SDL-Port out! So this _should_ really be possible.
Can't we make this a sticky topic together with all other realistic portable games? :D

Back