C64 / SNES emu Questions

readboy

Still Fresh
Where do you guys get your C64 files from ?

Also what SNES games run at full or very near full speed on SNES9XGP ?

www.c64.com - there is loads and loads - just search on google for them - there is a hungarian site which is the biggest and had some real rare ones!!! (will post the web link when I'm at my computer)

So Far SNES9XP (Latest version)

Seemingly plays Flashblack full sound and virtually full speed - - Everything else seems slightly jerky to jerky in my experience but playable - SNESEMU seems to be faster without sound so experiment with the two.

In SNES9XP is there an option to turn off the sound? If there is an option to turn it off do the games run faster as a result or is it pretty much the same with or with out sound. Also does the emulator allow you to put .ips translation patches in the same directory as the rom inorder to use them or am I going to have to patch the roms I have inorder to play english translated roms.

Yes, there is an option to turn off the sound in SNES9xGP, and it does speed things up significantly. However, some games are still too slow.

I don't recall seeing a place for .ips patches in the emulator, so you'll have to patch the files manually on your PC before playing them.

Back