Broken Piece Inside 2x!

project86

I've got my 1st edition open to fix the headphone jack. It has been rattling around inside the case. I notice now that there is another small piece that has been rattling around. It is one of the small jumper looking black plastic rectangular pieces, labeled "C106". The spot where It looks to be broken from is labeled "C13", and it is just below and left of the SD card slot, close to one of the battery terminals. My unit has been running OK, a bit weak on battery life but nothing major. What does this thing do, and how, if possible, do I fix it? It doesn't look like it can be soldered...

Thanks again for the help

The craginator may have second LCD display rattling deep inside the device :D

Whether you stick it back on or not is upto you. It's probably there for power smoothing, so if you have any random crashes or sd read/write errors/etc, that little box may be the culprit and it's worth getting fixed. However, if you have no problems, don't worry about it :)

It all depends on whether your handy with a soldering iron if so then yes but if your like me with one then stay well away ;)

Get it repaired if you ever want to overclock again. It is solderable...

I do have the occasional random crash, but only once in a while. I'm also a bit disappointed with battery life, so maybe that has something to do with it. Sometimes my batteries die, then I'll take them out and put them back in, and it will work again for a long time.

I'm OK with soldering, but not great... and this tiny piece only has contact points underneath... I don't know how I could get to them to fix it.

I can overclock only to about 255, so maybe this is what is holding my OC back as well.

Back