Boot up time?

S

scoobydoo

Perhaps this is a trivial matter.

Has anyone found there is a correlation with boot up time versus the hotfix??

I ask this because as I own 2 Pandoras with 2 different hotfixes. One pandora boots up noticeably faster than the other.

My faster Pandora is with hotfix 4 and the slower furnishes hotfix 5.

I would estimate the differential is perhaps 10 seconds.

The boot ups are done with the same sd cards installed, in both slots.

I also find this to be the case without the sd cards too.

The nand space is approx. the same [ a 1% difference] . I have used less than 1//2 of the nand memory on both units.

My assumption is that booting from the sd card should be faster in general versus from the nand, yes?

I do not mean to waste one's precious time with this post. However, I had trouble finding this information.

Any direction would be welcomed.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hmm, how 'noticeably faster'? Like, five seconds more?

I've only ever used HF5 and the betas for 6. Odds are, HF5 could be running more checks at boottime that HF4 never did, slowing down boot a bit.

Hmm, nope, nothing should've changed there and my boot time hasn't changed as well.

Hmm, how 'noticeably faster'? Like, five seconds more?

I've only ever used HF5 and the betas for 6. Odds are, HF5 could be running more checks at boottime that HF4 never did, slowing down boot a bit.
Yes I would say five seconds more. I timed this at a 7- 8 second difference.

The' running more checks at boottime' idea makes much sense to me actually.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Hmm, nope, nothing should've changed there and my boot time hasn't changed as well.

Nah, but EvilD says the boot times should be similar, so I'd take his word that there aren't differences between HF4 and 5 that would slow down the boot.

There's probably some different with the particular installs, or SD cards that you're using, maybe.

Back