Bob For Reflashing

diegor

Still Fresh
Hello,

i received the BoB developer edition, and I want to reflash a bricked GP2X. Anybody have already done it?

I've some doubt about the cable to use. Manual says 25p Parallel cable, male - male. But how it shuold be wired? Pin to pin (an extension cable) or inverted as in LapLink cable?

Thanks in advance.

Actually finding a 25 Thru Pin to Pin may be quite hard. Many manufactuerers sometimes skip connections... you don't want a LapLink. If you've ever used an external old fashioned parrallel CDROM THATS the cable you want.

When in doubt, hit Redmond Cable. :)

Edit: ---See my next post for the correct cable---

They also make custom-built cables, if you ever need anything really weird.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 7 2006 at 03:21 PM said:
that links the gp2x to the BoB? Im a little hazy on how to do this......

It connects the BoB to the parallel port on your computer. Actually, I linked the wrong cable. This is the correct one:

Straight-Wired db25male to db25male

You connect the bob to your pc via the cable above, and then you run GPH's JTAG software on the pc. The bob itself has a cable which connects from the gp2x to the bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
diegor posted on Jul 7 2006 at 03:30 PM said:
I've some doubt about the cable to use. Manual says 25p Parallel cable, male - male. But how it shuold be wired? Pin to pin (an extension cable) or inverted as in LapLink cable?

When I received a jtag programmer from gph, it used a male to male straight through cable. My guess is that they will still be using the same cable.

Squidge posted on Jul 7 2006 at 11:01 PM said:
diegor posted on Jul 7 2006 at 03:30 PM said:

When I received a jtag programmer from gph, it used a male to male straight through cable. My guess is that they will still be using the same cable.

I confirm it. I bought a straight cable and it worked fine. Just remember, after flashing it, power off, wait 20 second (!) and turn on again. If you power off and turn on too quickly it doesn't boot. I reflashed my gp2x 3 time, because of the white screen.... When I powered on again after some time, gp2x was booting correctly :)

Back