GP32 Bit Of A Problem

coRp

Still Fresh
Website
www.corp-com.tk
Can somebody give me a link to a devkitadvance download? I downloaded that one from thaworx.co.uk/ninja/tut1.html, but.. well I don't know, it isn't working anyway. also, when i unzip (or whatever) the RAR it always says that it was ended unexpectedly. the geepee32.exe file is also missing.

could someone tell me exactly what my autoexec.bat file should be saying as well, and what my MS-DOS prompt screen should be saying?

----------------------------------
this is my autoexec.bat file:
-----------------------------------
SET windir=C:\WINDOWS
SET winbootdir=C:\WINDOWS
SET COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM
SET PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND
SET PROMPT=$p$g
SET TEMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET TMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET path=%path%;c:\devkitadv\bin

------------------------------------------------
and this is what my MS-DOS screen looks like:
------------------------------------------------
C:\WINDOWS>cd c:\devkitadv\test

C:\devkitadv\test>make
Bad command or file name

C:\devkitadv\test>_

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i would be very appreciative if someone could help. :)

Make sure you reboot your PC or run the auto exec batch file atleast once! Otherwise the path changes you made wont work.
(or you can simply type that same line in your dos prompt)

Personally, I use a batch file to compile: (just double click the batch file, it compiles and launches the emulator and starts it)
Code:
c:\devkitadv\bin\make
c:\devkitadv\bin\b2fxe -t "GAME NAME" -b "icon.bmp" gamename.gxb gamename.fxe
del *.o *.elf *.gxb
c:\devkitadv\emu\geepee32 /EXE=gamename.fxe /SMC="C:\devkitadv\mysmc.smc" /RUN
(optionally b2fxec rather than b2fxe)

Its alot easier than keeping a dos prompt open all the time. And if the compile fails because of an error, then GeePee32 will give you a "Failed to load FXE" dialog, which, inadvertantly keeps the dos box open (until you click ok) so you can see what the compiler yelled at you about.

(this also loads a virtual SMC into GeePee32, remove the /SMC = "...." from the command line if you dont want to load a virtual SMC)

Okay, thanks you two.. I'll try those solutions.

to the first person: I run Windows ME, and... well, as i have said, i am going to try your ideas.

:ph34r:

..oh, and again, does anyone know any alternate download to the one i have mentioned to download devkitadvance? as I have said, there is always a problem message c oming up after it finishes de-RARing the file, and there is no actual GeePee32.exe file

coRp posted on Apr 16 2004 at 07:14 PM said:
..oh, and again, does anyone know any alternate download to the one i have mentioned to download devkitadvance? as I have said, there is always a problem message c oming up after it finishes de-RARing the file, and there is no actual GeePee32.exe file
the devkitadv from
http://www.thaworx.co.uk/ninja/

I downloaded both the RAR and the ZIP, and both unrar/unzip perfectly and contain all of the GeePee32 files. (I just downloaded them again, when I wrote this post, to make sure, and sure enough they still work).

Your internet connection is faulty or you have something that is corrupting the downloads (a virus maybe?) try downloading them a couple times to see if you can get a "working" copy, otherwise you have some serious issues with your OS or ISP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try using a download manager (such as FreshDownload - freeware) as a interruption during the download process can stop the download saying it has completed when it really hasn't (usually on 56.6k modems)

Back