BioShock DRM free @ HumbleBundle

Nice one.

I actually enjoyed Darkness for a bit on my PS3 so I'll nab that bundle

I never played BioShock because of DRM and always thought it looks interesting.

Maybe I'll play it soon, I'm nearly through "Zelda - Spirit Tracks" and VVVVVV anyway.

Wow, impressive, even Bioshock 2 and Infinite. Haven't played Infinite yet but I can really recommend Bioshock 1+2 for everyone who has not played it yet. One of the few Games you can play through twice those days. :)

"Pay more than average" is sadly gone, now it's "pay more than 20 dollars", what the hell is the humble bundle doing, really...

What exactly is "humble" about 2K?
Nothing. And the price to get Infinite is not humble either. This is more and more of a joke as time passes.

Soon we'll have a EA humble bundle. 

I never played BioShock because of DRM and always thought it looks interesting.
Don't expect too much, while one can definately see what they wanted to achive with Bioshock, the game itself isn't able to keep the promise. But I think its worth a while (and I still need to read "Atlas Shrugged").
Wow, impressive, even Bioshock 2 and Infinite. Haven't played Infinite yet but I can really recommend Bioshock 1+2 for everyone who has not played it yet.
Arrgh, I did not look at the humble page before reading this thread, so this actually cranked my hopes up for Bioshock Infinite, now I'm disappointed

Nothing. And the price to get Infinite is not humble either. This is more and more of a joke as time passes.

Soon we'll have a EA humble bundle.
Why not ? $20 for two rather excellent games (so I have heard) + several others looks like a fair price to me. Too used to Steam sales ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not ? $20 for two rather excellent games (so I have heard) + several others looks like a fair price to me. Too used to Steam sales ?
Because this has nothing to do with the spirit of the earlier HBs. They are destroying their brand like crazy.  
So your definition of the "original spirit" is that they were cheap ?

No, they were indie-focused, there were no Triple-AAA games, and they were supporting all formats and DRM free. Nowadays it's mostly WIndows only, and half triple-AAA half indie, and DRM free is an afterthought. It's not their brand anymore. This nonsense started with the THQ bundle last year. 

If you want to look at a brand that's more consistent, check GOG, they haven't really changed their positioning so much in the past few years, while they expanded their catalog and actually go out of their way to support Linux in the near future. 

Last edited by a moderator:
 No, they were indie-focused, there were no Triple-AAA games, and they were supporting all formats and DRM free. Nowadays it's mostly WIndows only, and half triple-AAA half indie, and DRM free is an afterthought. It's not their brand anymore. This nonsense started with the THQ bundle last year. 

If you want to look at a brand that's more consistent, check GOG, they haven't really changed their positioning so much in the past few years, while they expanded their catalog and actually go out of their way to support Linux in the near future.
I know that, but you were specifically getting at the price: "And the price to get Infinite is not humble either", thats what got me confused about your intention, I guess.

Back