Best Music Player For 2x For Books

markiej

Website
Visit site
Hi,

I have a business trip to Europe in a couple of weeks and would love to bring only the 2x, some sd cards, and 10 batteries on the plane. Movies and games are all set, but I'd also like to listen to books on MP3 as well.

What I need in a player:
- I need it to keep my place within a track when I exit
- Barring that, a simple bookmark function will do.
- I would also like one that extends battery life the most.
- one that "locks" the interface (so I won't lose my place in the novel due to a minor click)

Thanks!
Mike

Maybe?: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=36802

It has a bookmarking feature, I only listen to songs, but I underclock to 100mhz while doing so and of course that extends battery life.

It has an option to "lock" the interface also.

Definitely worth a try :)

I'm not sure if theres another player with a bookmarking feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, One More Music Player Client or ommpc2x is the only player with bookmarking or any kind of resuming. You're in luck because it is only a couple of weeks old!

imhotep said:
Yes, One More Music Player Client or ommpc2x is the only player with bookmarking or any kind of resuming. You're in luck because it is only a couple of weeks old!
Uh.. CraigAmp resumes from the point of the song you left at - do we not count that as 'resuming'?

No bookmarking as such though.

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,1870

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. They both look and sound pretty cool - I'll check them out. "resume" is good enough for me, as it's all my crappy little sansa does. I do like th idea of a locked interface though.

Also, I've been searching the forums and can't seem to locate an answer: has anyone done any "scientific" testing of battery life and how underclocking increases it? I'd be curious about underclocked mp3 playback. Is there a way to kill the backlight or lcd altogether while using one of these players - I bet that'd squeeze a few more minutes out of it. I've got about 13 hours of travel & I'd love not to have to bring a billion batteries.

thanks again for your tips.-mb

I know that Craigamp can turn off the screen. It is one of the options. GMU is another player that I use. It can turn off the screen and lock the controls. I dont believe it has a resume feature though.

I recently downloaded ommpc2x but I have not spent that much time with it. It looks like a good program though.

CraigAmp resumes from the point of the song you left at - do we not count that as 'resuming'?

I don't think it does actually - I tried it out last night and it resumed from the same track, but not the same spot. Some of my audio book tracks are an hour long (I chop them up if I can).

I loved the ease of use of craigamp. The other media player had a higher cost of entry (complex to get going - but I'll try again)

Thanks again!

Back