Best Ever Retro Finds

Last week i saw a copy of super mario world and yoshi's island, for just 99p each.

Had I money, i would have bought them, and my mate didn't listen to me when i said they were worth something.

How much are they worth?
Here in Sweden you would probably get around €20-€30 for a complete Super Mario World and probably a bit more for Yoshi's Island. If you sell them on an auction site and they are in good condition... You could probably sell them for more though ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really retro but I picked up the GBC for $8 in an american second hand shop :) , oh and MGS for GBC for $2.

A Sega CDX (combined Genesis and SegaCD in one very small unit that you could put batteries in and play audio CDs :ph34r:) with about 2 dozen games and a leather carrying case, for about $200 on Ebay.

I also found an NES 'dog bone' controller and an NES Advantage (not at the same time) in my Gamestop before they stopped selling retro stuff. :( Also found a Genesis Model 1, but I was out of money, and already having three kinds of Genesis, I couldn't justify putting it on my card. :p And I found a Super Scope 6 with accompanying cartridge for relatively cheap at a Babbage's.

And I found a copy of the SegaCD version of Microcosm for like $5 or $10, which was nice since I've had the PC version for like 10 years but never had a PC that will play it. :p

My worst retro find ever: a non-working Sonic & Knuckles, at that same Gamestop. :angry:

20 DC games, 2 lightguns, 1 fishing rod, keyboard & mouse, 3 official controllers, and a couple of racks to put the games in for £50

Pefect Dark - £4

Neo Geo AES w/ Samurai Spirits 2 and Riding Hero - £70 + light guns mentioned above (one of which was a little bit broken)

Matrimelee - £90 played it and sold it for £150

Sonic 1,2,3 & Knuckles - £10 i think

Legend Of Zelda Collectors edition for Gamecube (not too retro but has Zelda 1 & 2, and OoT and MM) - FREE!!! (no i didnt use stars, the guy in Gamestation gave it to me for buyin Tony Hawks 4 for £7)

a picnic basket, what was inside??? an Oddessy2 and an Intellevision, both in immaculate condition, about 7 games each, but the Oddessy2 had the game, "Quest for the Ring" brand new, in box, game pieces not even taken out of the bags yet, now thats a spicy meatball.

Forgot to add, i paid $2 for it all.

I bought a mega drive with bout 6 games they were good the three sonics ghouls'n ghosts streets of rage and aplatterhouse plus 3 controllers for 16 quid which was not bad.
And i bought a snes with street fighter 2 turbo, mario world, double dragon, mario kart, puggsleys scaveneger hunt and street racer plus two officail controllers for 24 quid.
I got pilotwings for then snes for 2.50.
Starwing for 4 quid.
and mario allstars for 3 quid.

Sega saturn jap wite for $5 aus, 2 controller(broken0 and no leads. and Seiken Densetsu 2 for $16.50 aus :D :D

for people in melbourne australia, u should check out the laventen market. u can get heaps of retro stuff tere for cheap, as well as a few famicom clones.

Wow only 5 for a saturn. I had to pay $50 for a "complete Saturn with 3 games". Unfortunately a complete Saturn can also be a saturn with the three games, no controllers, no power cord, and no A/V wire. I still need the A/V wire but I got a controller and used the power from my old Playstation. I felt quite ripped off when I received it though but Im sure Ill be fine once I start playing Saturn games.

I got my Dreamcast with 12 games for 40 Euro from eBay :)
And found an Amiga 1000 + Monitor, complete with all boxes and original software for 25 Euros :)

And a sealed Ms. PacMan cartridge (C64) for 50 Cent :)

I got Chrono Trigger for $1 at a garage sale from sum old lady before I pulled my $20 out she told me it waz just one dollar! That had to be the best deal I ever got for a game especially a game of that caliber Chrono is thy best RPG B)

Legend Of Zelda Collectors edition for Gamecube (not too retro but has Zelda 1 & 2, and OoT and MM) - FREE!!! (no i didnt use stars, the guy in Gamestation gave it to me for buyin Tony Hawks 4 for £7)
The guy gave it me too. I saw a box and said how much they are, he then gave me a nice sealed copy. I was well impressed :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Lionheart for my Amiga 600 for 1€, Lost Vikings for 1,50€. Wonderful.

VR Stuntmaster for the SNES for about 10€, Aura Interactor virtual Reality Game Wear for 3€.

I also saw a mint, still sealed NES Power Glove for 75€, but I did not have enough cash wth me and I also don't have a NTSC NES.... but.... it's cool.

Five Dark Age 40mm round bases for 1€ and some Rogue Trader minis for 3€...... but that's mini painting retro and shouldn't count really :p

Back