Basics...

evnon

Still Fresh
Hello Everyone, I am new to the forums, but ordered my pandora long ago. I am happy to be part of a pioneering effort such as this. I have some simple questions that were really hard to get answers to with the search feature.

I am curious, what will I be able to do with the pandora out of the box? Surf? I saw some mention of driver issues or some such for the wifi. Emus included? I understand there is the potential for ownership and copyr!ght issues here, possibly preventing discussion, but is something else I am curious about. And lets say a friend of mine has a bunch of roms for current emus, they for x86 (or w/e) only? or could he use 'em on pandora? If not included (emus that is), where do we get the emus and roms for the ARM diddlyfiddle? I am sorry if this is the wrong spot, or if this has already been answered. I just couldn't think of few enough keywords for the search :/
Thank you in advance for your patience and help.

evnon

Evnon said:
Hello Everyone, I am new to the forums, but ordered my pandora long ago. I am happy to be part of a pioneering effort such as this. I have some simple questions that were really hard to get answers to with the search feature.

I am curious, what will I be able to do with the pandora out of the box? Surf? I saw some mention of driver issues or some such for the wifi. Emus included? I understand there is the potential for ownership and copyr!ght issues here, possibly preventing discussion, but is something else I am curious about. And lets say a friend of mine has a bunch of roms for current emus, they for x86 (or w/e) only? or could he use 'em on pandora? If not included (emus that is), where do we get the emus and roms for the ARM diddlyfiddle? I am sorry if this is the wrong spot, or if this has already been answered. I just couldn't think of few enough keywords for the search :/
Thank you in advance for your patience and help.

evnon

It hasn't really been decided what exactly will ship already on the Pandora, probably not more than what is in the standard Angstom distro. There shouldn't be any issues with driver functionality at launch. Emulators will not ship on the Pandora, there is a Pandora file archive where those will be (it's barren now, as while there are many good functioning emulators that run on the Pandora, they will likely not be uploaded until near release of the device, as many of these are still under development and nobody has a Pandora to use them on). There is also the Angstrom ARM repo which has hundreds of popular apps precompiled for ARM. All ROMs will work (provided the emulator supports that format like isos or bin/cues and such for the Playstation emulator, but it shouldn't be an issue), ie the ones that work on your PC's (or any other device) snex9x emulator will also work on the Pandora.

Thank you very much for your clarifying for your response Fischju. That helps. I look forward to its completion. :)

Back