Avi To Moving Gif

bringoutthegimp

Nova is a dumbass
Website
Visit site
what i want is to import an avi file, choose the start and end point of the gif and then save it. does anyone know of a program that does this? im not looking for any other features as long as it does what i want quickly and easily. cheers in advance

You can use virtualdub to save the video file as a series of images, then you can use unFREEz to put the images into a animated gif. Chuck me a pm if you can't find where to download unFREEz and I'll send you the exe :rolleyes:.

yeah it seems to do the trick although i had to find a batch image to GIF converter which wasnt hard. cheers for the help

edit:::::whoops i meant gif

bringoutthegimp posted on Jul 22 2004 at 06:44 AM said:
yeah it seems to do the trick although i had to find a batch image to avi converter which wasnt hard. cheers for the help
??

Virtual Dub dose Image to Avi...

I made a HL Movie (where you type startmovie or something in the console) and it took 1250 Screen shots totalling to almost 1gb lol... Then I just put them all in 1 folder and dragged the First image into Virtualdub and added the Wav file and it joined them all up into a Avi.

Last edited by a moderator:
unfreez is alright but it makes the gif slow (as in quite a bit slower than the source file) and it actually looks like ive just put a load of images together instead of making it run smooth. do you know any better programs?

i "bought" both those programs but how would i go about loading up the 220 images and outputting them as a moving gif in either program? also is there a way to "compress" the gif because its a good 7mb.

indeed

i know how to do it in elements but not in the FUCKING EXPENSIVE VERSION THAT U HAVE TO BE RICH TO BUY (thats howi refer to the full version)

all you do is put each frame in a different layer, and then click this button:

clicky.gif

which will give u this screen:

screeny.gif

make sure u tick 'Animate' and 'Loop' and it will animate the frames in the order they were layerd (the bottom layer will be the first frame and the top layer the last)

u can pick how many colours to have, which means u can reduce the file size dramatically (the big screen grab about is only 5k) u can also scale reduce or enlarge the animation

Once u decide to save it will save it as a .gif

EDIT: the advantage of paying £40 for elements, u get a fat whopping book teling you how to do everything

Attachments

• clicky.gif
    clicky.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 128
  • screeny.gif
    screeny.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 122
  • clicky.gif
    clicky.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 133
  • screeny.gif
    screeny.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 116
  • clicky.gif
    clicky.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 127
  • screeny.gif
    screeny.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 119
ok cheers for the help so far but theres one problem, i only "bought" this for making wind-ups backgrounds so my knowledge is VERY limited. how do i go about batch loading the 220 images into their own layer?

dunno, ill just check the fat whopping book

i have never used that many so i just cut and paste and it doent take too long

EDIT: Just checked and it doesnt appear to be possible in ELements

Back