Pandora Automounting all .pnd script ?

It is worse, you need a loop device per PND you mount. The allowed number of loop devices is limited. So you can only mount a limited number of pnds at the same time. So once you have "too many" on your card(s) it won't work for all pnds. Besides I don't know how the behaviour regarding memory usage is when you mount *many* PNDs. This might also cause some significant memory usage (irrelevant when just mounting two or three PND, very relevant when maybe looking at 100 (the limit with loop devices might be around 32)...

I can put them 10 by 10.

The /mnt/utmp/* has to be created manually, then mounted as aufs ?

It is worse, you need a loop device per PND you mount. The allowed number of loop devices is limited.
Not since HF6.

I cannot give you the exact script, but by your nick you should be able to build it ;)

But it ddefinatly should look like that (building that in the reply box, aka not tested) :

Code:
#!/bin/bash

getcmd() {

awk -F= '/Exec/{print $2}' $1

}

for i in /usr/share/applications/*\#* $HOME/Desktop/*\#*;do

echo "=== Mounting $i ==="

$(getcmd $i) -m

done

That should do it, but... Keep my first warning in head : that's not a good idea.

(you'll hit pnd_run.sh bugs, OS bugs and such. Also each loop cost memory)

Thx.

:p , it's not a dev pseudo ^^.

BTW, is there any other tool like strace to see what can lead an app to fail ?

yeah, just remember that pnd_run.sh and pnd_run (binary) can do all the work for you, so its pretty easy to mount or run an app.

Heck, you can do that on a non-pandora as well, just executing will fail (likely, depending on your arch :p ) .. but mounting shoudl work; so you coudl make a quick mount-loop on your desktop to verify the pnd structure and so on..

jeff

Back