Anyone Able To Watch A Full Movie/tv Show?

Well, at first I was unimpressed by PDxE... I thought I was getting amssive file sizes for some reason... oh, and I mistook the progress bar that was listing the time to encode all 14 .vob files (each is a scene from the same DVD. It's a DVD of a concert, so splitting it up makes perfect sense to me ;)) as the time it would take to encode the current scene :p "20 odd minutes for the 10 second intro?! you must be joking! *quits*" in fact, it's about an hour for the entire 2+1/2 hours. Fairly good :) Since it's a music DVD, I've cut the image quality a lot, and sound compression is fairly high, but not so high it noticeably degrades.

The 14 scenes, in the end, take up approx 250Mb. That isn't too bad I guess. Sound quality is OK, though a little noisy on louder sections. Image quality is of ocurse not particularly good, due to the high compression, but still not bad for the purposes of a concert DVD. haven't tested it on GP2X yet, because I don't have one ;)

PDE is a great little conversion program that I've used for putting video on smartphones. I too have the problem where it puts the audio out of sync in the final video but probably 250-500ms. That's why I still use AutoGK.

I use the Pocket Divx Encoder and it works a treat. There is a function to syncronise the sound but I havent had to use it and I do think you can increase the volume to. I have managed to wach two full futurama episodes one episode of king of the hill and final fantasy VII advent children without losing sync (obviously not on all the same batteries). I realy recomend giving this encoder a try it's so simple to use.

I have no idea why you guys are having problems.

This is how I do it:

Step 1) Download divx file from internet.

Step 2) Put on SD card.

Step 3) Launch with mplayer on gp2x.

Back